1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prayers for bobby... Havn't watched it in a while but I can't stop thinking about it

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alexander69, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Alexander69

Ok so I Havn't watched it in a while now but for some reason it's stuck in my head. The song from the beginning haunts me!

I need you to listen
    I need you to answer
    I need you to listen
    I need you to answer

O God, I need you to
    I want to see your face
    It is this love I have
    It makes me search for you

Do not avoid my eyes
    Or let me anger you
    Do not toss me aside
    O God, do not drop me

You are the only hope
    I have; father, mother
    They can leave me orphaned
    But your love must never
    Lead me to you, O God,
    Along the smoothest road

There are those who hate me
    Do not leave me to them
    They eat my life away
    By lying under
    Oath or twisting evidence

I trust your love
    I will see your beauty after death
    In your land of life
    My love will wait for you
    It will be strong waiting
    O God, my love will wait!

And this verse makes me sad

"O God, I need you to
    I want to see your face
    It is this love I have
    It makes me search for you"

To me it's saying gay love "this love I have" it makes me saad makes me feel like its wrong. Ugh I have these emotional downfalls where my religion starts to play in my brain especially when my brother becomes depressed and my mother turns to God and the church and asks for forgiveness for her "sins". And makes the rest of us pray, and focus in religion even more. She read the bible every night now. And she makes me read also an I chose not to and I feel terrible for not reading it ive read a lot of it before. Leviticus,

This is from another website these are the transitions if Leviticus.

Leviticus 20:13 "'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

New International Version (©1984)
    "'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

New Living Translation (©2007)
    "If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    When a man has sexual intercourse with another man as with a woman, both men are doing something disgusting and must be put to death. They deserve to die.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    If a man also lies with a man, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

American King James Version
    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be on them.

American Standard Version
    And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    If any one lie with a man se with a woman, both have committed an abomination, let them be put to death: their blood be upon them.

Darby Bible Translation
    And if a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall certainly be put to death; their blood is upon them.

English Revised Version
    And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Webster's Bible Translation
    If a man also shall lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

World English Bible
    "'If a man lies with a male, as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Young's Literal Translation
    And a man who lieth with a male as one lieth with a woman; abomination both of them have done; they are certainly put to death; their blood is on them.

So how am I supposed to feel good about myself when god hates me? Says I should die? One thing I will question is if god I good and doesn't BELIVE in murder why Would he say this? And why would he flood the world to rid evil? To kill people except Noah and his family? And 2 of every animal? And in Cain and able he favors able over Cain an Cain becomes the first murderer killing his brother? I question a lot if these things! The bible was translated by man to there own meaning.

2. Alexander69

Re: Prayers for bobby... Havn't watched it in a while but I can't stop thinking about