1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Books to Movies of Course!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jackler, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Jackler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well recently I've seen a strong surge of Books being adapted to the screen that were simply fantastic in book form at the ver least. So might as well start a thread about it, right?

Some I'm looking forward:
    The Hobbit
    Mortal Instruments City of Bones
    Beautiful Creatures

2. Juggalo

If they do it right, The Dark Tower will be good. Except everything ever based on Stephen King turns to absolute shit on the bigscreen. So I'm not holding out hope.
    I also hear they are planning a movie adaptation of Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan's "The Strain", so at the very least that has the potential to make vampires less sparkly, and more genderless mouth scorpion-y.

3. Jackler

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh! I haven't really heard anything of The Dark Tower yet! You're quite right when it comes to the analysis of Stephen King adaptions, there's just a certain depth in his writing that would be hard to reflect onto a big screen; but, it is possible. So lets keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

4. Juggalo

Well, if they can find a black actress with no legs who can play someone with multiple personalities, then I will have hope. As it is, though, they will prolly just CGI her legs off and have a weinerdog as Oy. Thats about par for the course with his movies, lol.
    Oh, and Cell is in development.