1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Death Note (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by narwhals, Nov 28, 2012.

1. narwhals

narwhals Guest

So a couple months ago I got hooked on Death note and finished it in a week. It was amazing. The soundtrack was fantastic and the plot line was incredible. It had me emotionally invested which doesn't happen often. At the last episode I cried when Ryuk killed Light. I loved that ending but also hated it. As much as I was mad because they killed off L it was nesassary for the plot. So what do you think? If you wrote it what would you change? What's you favorite song from the soundtrack?

2. vyvance

Story went to hell after L died imo. I tend to just stop watching at that episode and ignore the rest.

#2 vyvance, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  3. Pain

Pain Guest

I wanted Light to win at the end. Though, I have one unanswered question: how did Mikami get the Shinigami eyes? As far as I remember, there was no Shinigami following him... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. narwhals

narwhals Guest

Maybe originally like when he first got the note.

5. DarkClarity

The ending for me left a bitter taste in my mouth. It's not Light dying that bothered me it was the fact that he got beaten by Nate who has a bland horrible character. I hated him so much that I was rooting for the sociopathic serial killer.

If I was writing after L's death, :tears: I would of had Light and Misa kill for years at least until Light was in his 40s. Then I would have someone challenge Kira's rule. Maybe I'll write some fanfiction.

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I might be the odd one out but I didn't mind the second half of the show. L's defeat was done flawlessly and I don't have any complaints about their decision to kill him from a storytelling perspective. I agree that L and Light's chemistry was one of the main highlights of the whole show, and with L gone things did become quite a bit less fun. That makes sense though, I really feel like the main theme of the second half is Light's complete deterioration from the gifted high school student overflowing with potential and a few larger-than-life ideals he was in the beginning; to a remorseless, pathetic, and hopelessly delusional psychopath. And I think it illustrated that transformation well.

7. mickie newton

Not sure what I would change as I loved it. I'd re-do the flaming live action version because they changed it a lot! lol And talking of live action...They made the live action Death Note into two films. But they also did a third live action film called 'L Changed The World' where L solves another crimes whilst dealing with Kira

You should read the Manga, of 12 books + book 13 that is about Death Note! It's completely amazing!!! (!)

#7 mickie newton, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  8. narwhals

narwhals Guest

Tell me if you do, I'd love to read it!

9. Krueger

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    As much as I love L, his death was a beautiful part of the story. It also made you feel something STRONG. Even if you felt hate, imo it's better to have a story that makes you feel something rather than nothing. With Death Note, you can get so attached to the characters that you start to feel all kinds of different things. To me, that's one of the things that makes a story really good. I like having my emotions evoked. It makes such a lasting impact on me. Plus, we had the addition of Mello, Matt and Near! Who doesn't love those guys?! >.<