1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

House music

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zaio, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hey EC,

So with all the music threads going around I thought I would make a house music thread, as I highly doubt I'm the only one who enjoys it.

So, what are your top 5 house music tracks? For me it would have to be:

1. Hard Rock Sofa - Quasar (Original Mix) - YouTube
    2. Congorock - Babylon (Dub) - YouTube
    3. Nneka - Shining Star (Joe Goddard Remix) - YouTube
    4. Steve Angello - Knas (David Mills Remix) HD - YouTube
    5. D. Ramirez & Mark Knight - Colombian Soul(Gabriel & Dresden) - YouTube

Would love to hear of you house lovers top 5 :slight_smile:

2. pancake111

I don't want to be a negative nelly or anything, but I can't stand House music, or anything of the sort. But we're all entitled to our opinions :slight_smile:

3. Bree

What is house music?

4. Ticklish Fish

but I like trance better XD

5. Level75

This is a good opportunity. Somebody, please explain to me the differences between all the various types of electronic music.

6. Zaio

Zaio Guest

House music is pretty much music generally used at house parties/clubs/raves etc, I personally love house music.

House is pretty much a type of electronic music that focuses around a repetitive sound with addition repetitive sounds, you can observe that in the links I provided.

Or if you want to get technical, then wikipedia's always good for that -

- "House is uptempo music for dancing, although by modern dance-music standards it is mid-tempo, generally ranging between 118 and 135 bpm. Tempos tended to be slower in the early years of house.
    The common element of house is a prominent kick drum on every beat (also known as a four-on-the-floor beat), usually generated by a drum machine or sampler. The kick drum sound is augmented by various kick fills and extended dropouts. The drum track is filled out with hi-hat cymbal-patterns that nearly always include a hi-hat on quaver off-beats between each kick, and a snare drum or clap sound on beats two and four of every bar. This pattern derives from the so-called "four-on-the-floor" dance drumbeats of the 1960s which impacted on 1980s house music via the 1970s disco drummers.
    Producers use many different sound-sources for bass sounds in house, from continuous, repeating electronically generated lines sequenced on a synthesizer, such as a Korg M1,[10] Roland SH-101, or TB-303, to studio recordings or samples of live electric bassists, or simply filtered-down samples from whole stereo recordings of classic funk tracks or any other songs. House bass-lines tend to favor notes that fall within a single-octave range, whereas disco bass-lines often alternated between octave-separated notes and would span greater ranges. Some early house productions used parts of bass lines from earlier disco tracks. For example, producer Mark "Hot Rod" Trollan copied bass-line sections from the 1983 Italo disco song "Feels Good (Carrots & Beets)" (by Electra featuring Tara Butler) to form the basis of his 1986 production of "Your Love" by Jamie Principle. Frankie Knuckles used the same notes in his more famous 1987 version of "Your Love", which also featured Principle on vocals.
    Electronically generated sounds and samples of recordings from genres such as jazz, blues, disco, funk, soul and synth pop are often added to the foundation of the drum beat and synth bass line. House songs may also include disco, soul, or gospel vocals and additional percussion such as tambourine. Many house mixes also include repeating, short, syncopated, staccato chord-loops that are usually composed of 5-7 chords in a 4-beat measure."

7. Harve

[YOUTUBE]xV0BcEfDz5M[/YOUTUBE]

Originally composed in 1989 on less than £1 I still CAN'T.

Magic.