1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WOOO] Games of 2008 [Lets talk!]

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by InaRut, Feb 15, 2008.

1. InaRut

Alright so I have to admit I'm pretty upset with what xbox is doing...as of right now...I need a new game...and I don't know what to play.
    I mean I've got Call of Duty 4, and Team Fortress 2 but I've played those games beyond playability. I mean I've gotten bored with them.

So 2008-- Some pretty awesome games coming out.

For me I've got my eye on
    -Left 4 Dead [Might not buy it..might be a little too scary]
    -Dark Sector
    -GTA 4
    -And Lost Odyssey but not really...I dunno, I'm curious..it'll probobly have a good story and the commerical is AWESOME O_O but...I dunno...doesn't seem like anything special)
    -Dynasty Warriors 6 *ahem* <-Ignore that
    -Raibow 6 las vegas 2.

So tell me, what games are you guys looking at.

(I should post this in Entertainment...but I consider it more of a chit-chat thread)

And Haze....
    (But that's not till like FOREVER from now)

#1 InaRut, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  2. Nerdtendo

Well, I apologize for the rivalry, but I'm a Nintendo fanatic, so I suppose I should put down some things, hmm?

Oh, and I'm speeking kinda sophmoricly, as I dont have a Wii. (cant find the little buggers anywhere!! >.<")

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: if for nothing else, the Sound Track. ...but it's for everything else, too! XD

Super Mario Galaxy: If you know the roots of Super Mario 64, you'll see the evolution from the truly clasic game.

Mario and Sonic at the Olimpic Games: ok, this is more fan-based then anything else, but come ON! Name one person who dosent wanna see how Mario and Sonic compaire! I dare ya!

Super Paper Mario: ...well, for me, anyway.

Warioware Smooth Moves: Dont you wanna see the other people make them selfs look like morons? ...more-so?

...anyway, those are my two-cents.

3. neverover

dont forget theres 4 final fantasy 13 coming up on playstation3 (normal, fabula nova crystalis, versus, agito). now its a war between ps3 and a laptop...

4. Tom

Tom Guest

FF13!!!!!!!!! they ar the only games that i want this year tbh, crisis core aswell would be good =]

i just lovers final fantasy games!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starcraft 2 should be out in April I believe it is aswell so I'll be buying that

5. Orion

Well, I still think that 2008 will be no 2007, but still there are some great games coming out :dry:

Final Fantasy 13 !!
    GTA IV
    Lost Odissey (although previews don't speak that highly of it)
    Stargate Worlds (Oh. Yeah.)

6. STK

STK Guest

It's all about Brawl for me! And I'm hoping that Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood is good.

7. InaRut

Lost Odyssey is turn based combat...
    Not so cool anymore...

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm still working away on Metroid Prime 3....I can never seem to sit down and play for more than half an hour without being interrupted, so I've had it for almost two months now without getting anywhere near finishing.

9. pirateninja

BRAWL! BRAWL! BRAWL!

Sorry, but I adored Melee and looking at the website, I think I'm going to love brawl a whole lot more. :grin:

10. SlickyPants

One Word...

Spore.

11. InaRut

What's with gays and nientendo.
    GOD!

12. Alex89

Lost Odyssey = traditional JRPG with a next-gen makeover. Instead of trying to reinvent JRPGs, it sticks with the traditional style always used in the FF series up until FFXII.

I don't have a problem with that, as they say it's very much like a next-gen FFVII, which I don't have any problems with! =)

MOST WANTED GAMES OF 2008 FOR ME (in no particular order):
    Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)
    Far Cry 2 (360, PS3, PC)
    Crysis on console (360, PS3)
    Fable 2 (360)
    FFVII Crisis Core (PSP)
    Spore (PC)
    Banjo Kazooie 3 (360)
    Burnout Paradise (360, PS3)
    Lost Odyssey (360)
    Infinite Undiscovery (360)
    The Last Remnant (360, PS3)

And I'm kind of interested in seeing how Dead Space (360, PS3) turns out - an Alien-style sci-fi horror game from EA.

For anyone without a 360, I'd recommend getting Mass Effect PC when it comes out in a few months. It's a brilliant RPG.

13. sdc91

I'm waiting for Brawl and Spore.

14. Alex89

Oops, I forgot to add GTAIV! =O

And InaRut - Dark Sector has been refused classification in Australia! It won't be released here unless they modify the game to fit in the MA15+ rating. We don't have an R18+ (Adults-Only equivalent) for game yet here - only movies.

15. Jard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm another Nintendo fanatic and I'm most looking forward to Brawl right now. :wink: I'm actually listening to the 278-song soundtrack right now. XD

16. Alex89

Now THAT is sad...*Laughs at Jard while hypocritically listening to Halo 3 soundtrack*

:thumbsup:

17. InaRut

hahahah what's with aussie and delaying games...

18. BabyBoy

I can not WAIT for Grand Theft Auto 4!

And Bully: Scholarship Edition comes out on 360.

I don't know many other games coming out this year. I don't keep up like I used to.

19. Alex89

It's because the stupid ratings board won't add an R18+ rating for games, so we have to wait until they censor it a bit.

Examples:

- Ninja Gaiden (Xbox) had to have all dismemberment and decapitations removed before it could be released.
    - ####### (PS2, Xbox) was released for 1 months before it was re-reviewed and banned.
    - GTA3, Vice City (PS2, Xbox, PC) had to have the hookers that gave you health removed.
    - GTA: San Andreas (PS2, Xbox, PC) banned after Hot Coffee until new discs were issued.
    - Bully h

And several other games that just simply never made it out here. ####### 2 is yet to materialize, and Bully had to be censored and renamed 'Canis Canem Edit' before its release on PS2. Bully on 360 seems to have been accepted, luckily.

The only good thing about the aussie ratings board is it takes context into account, so some games that would otherwise have been banned have been accepted on the grounds of context. Eg: Chronicles of Riddick (Xbox, PC) had heaps of swearing, blood, offensive graffiti and high-impact first-person violence but they accepted it was within context given the prison setting luckily. I <3 that game...

Still, InaRut, we do get some games before you...*cough Halo 2 and 3 cough*, and the time difference (we're way ahead) means we can be playing stuff for a day before it comes out in the US even though they have the same release date.

Lost Odyssey came out 4 days before US here. =D

20. aTadInsane

aTadInsane Guest

Saints Row 2: running around a city emulating violent criminal activity with friends, what's not to like?
    Condemned 2 Bloodshot: looks like it's gonna kick ass.
    Alone in the Dark: gonna be scary as hell.
    The Club: it's gonna be straight up kick ass action movie awesomeness.
    Far Cry 2: Big fan of the first.
    Prototype: although I haven't seen much it looks awesome from what I have seen.
    Bionic Commando: played the original when I was real young and almost creamed my pants when I saw they were making a next gen game out of it.
    Fallout 3: If you ever played Fallout 2 you'll be waiting for this one too.
    Mercenaries 2: blowing crap up was awesome in the first one.
    Ninja Gaiden 2: just go watch the gameplay movies, you'll want it too.
    I could probably go on forever but I'll leave it at that for now.