1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C r a z y

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Joey4, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Joey4

Anybody ever catch that movie? It's completely foreign (for me it is), but it's a solid watch. It's about a kid who grows up gay, trying to figure himself out in a family of four brothers.

2. SlickyPants

I love this movie. A good story, good actors, awesome soundtrack and a few good bits of humour thrown in.

3. Beachboi92

I love this movie it is really great. I would love to go travel like that guy does and like Slicky said it has a great soundtrack and deals with a serious subject in a way that is funny, serious, and still moving. I'm assuming your Netflix surfing in which case you have started down a great road full of good movie. My all-time favorite was Patrick Age 1.5 and Children of God (The latter is not as funny but just an incredibly moving and amazing film).

4. Joey4

I did find it on Netflix. Though, I think when I looked recently, they got rid of their LGBT section. Had it not been for that, I would've never found it.

I started watching Love in Action. I've fallen asleep watching a couple times. Either I'm really tired or it doesn't hold my interest. And we just got a Smart TV as a household and we're using my account as the option on the TV, so I've been trying watch as many other movies and shows as possible to push the old movies out of "recently watched." That half of me isn't information the house has yet and I'd like it to stay that way doe awhile.

I haven't seen those other two movies. Are they of the same genera?

5. Beachboi92

Yeah that can make it difficult when you have to hide it :/ I'm not sure if maybe you can delete them or not but be careful the more LGBT films you watch the more they get recommended to you. Although Depending on the circumstances it could be a good way to ease into the coming out thing if your family is accepting.

The first film is a little comedy/drama/romance the second is more drama/romance/tragedy

Patrick Age 1.5 is a foreign independent film set in Sweden (if i remember correctly) it has great production value for being low budget though. It is about a gay couple who goes to adopt a kid that they think is a 1 and 1/2 year old but they find out it is really a 15 year old homophobic delinquent. It is cute and funny and at times moving if you don't mind subtitles it is a good watch.

Children of God is both beautiful and horribly depressing. It is another indie low budget film with great production value but there are no subtitles. It is set in jamaica and looks at the way the recent mass homophobia there effects the lives of a number of individuals (think Crash if you have ever seen it). The main actor plays this very odd sort of dorky gay art kid who's teacher sends him to her vacation home to find inspiration. He meets a guy there who is in the closet and shenanigans ensue. It is really a sweet love story and has a number of really good actors. I don't want to give anything away but I will stress it is sad in the end but in a beautiful philosophical kind of way. I personally really identified with the main character personally given who I am and my personal experiences. It is my favorite LGBT interest film of all time.

6. Joey4

Well, I live with roommates..long time friends from high school. I'll tell em when I'm good and ready. Until then, I think they have a suspicion. But I've reached a point where I'm beginning not to care.

I did see and read the synopsis for Patrick. It sounded funny, but not enough to watch. The second one you mentioned sounds good. And I'd be curious about the main character and how you identify with him. Now it's a matter of sneaking my way around it. I don't think you can delete the movies.

7. Beachboi92

I'm not 100% sure if the second one is on Netflix but I know you can find it online on Hulu plus. Just in general if you want to keep it quiet I'd just use the illegal alley ways of the internet to do your LGBT interest film watching lol. The main character is this very passive dorky awkward art kid with a strong moral compass who grows and learns to stand up for himself. He even goes through a similar relationship experience to what I have faced on a couple occasions. I used to feel exactly like he did now I just feel like he did minus the not talking much part lol. There has generally just been a lot of other stuff in my past that made me connect with me movie so for all I know someone else will hate it completely for the same reasons I liked it but it won a ton of awards including best actor so I would strongly recommend it regardless. On a side note the main character looks almost exactly like my step-brother which was very odd for me lol

8. rday13

rday13 Guest

You can watch it on Youtube with translations.
    One of my favorite movies :slight_smile: I tend to watch it in French tho, the jokes seem funnier I guess. Watching it on Netflix is good too, although one too many gay movies elicits 'what's with all the gay shit' comment from my dad. *eyeroll* denial much.

I would recommend 'The Curiosity of Chance', if you get a chance (no pun intended), check it out. A very intriguing gay film.

9. Beachboi92

oh yeah the curiosity of chance is a good one to