1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Touch pad vs mouse

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by jony8472, Dec 6, 2012.

1. jony8472

How do you feel about playing computer games (online and off) with a touch pad? Do you prefer to plug in a mouse?

Personally, I hate playing online games with a touch pad; but usually my laptop is on my lap so I can't really plug in a mouse. I resolve this by avoiding those games.
    As for offline games, if aiming is required (RPG, FPS) I will use a mouse but other games, like RTS's (Age of Empires) I'm happy to use a touch pad. However, for most games except Age of Empires I'm on my desktop anyway.

Also, what genres and games within those genres are you into?

2. Night Rain

Mouse. There is only so much you can do with a touchpad. I remember playing Skyrim with it. It was a pain in the neck until I switched to a mouse.

I don't play FPS. As for RPG, Skyrim, Fable, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger,... come to mind. :slight_smile:

3. darkcheesse

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    in my opinion mouse is always better than touch pad because i feel you can be a lot more accurate, but for gaming personal favorite is an artist draw pad the accuracy and sensitive is just far superior to another mouse type interface.

4. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would chose a mouse. For Comfortable reasons and for being accurate

And yes for computer gaming you definitely need a mouse.

5. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I despise the touch pad on laptops for anything. I have been using this type of wireless mouse for a few years. It's nice because the part that plugs into the usb jack only sticks out 1/8 inch....so you never have to take it out and there's 0% chance of it getting bent or broken.

[​IMG]