1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taylor swift

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Capichino, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Capichino

Ok I'm trying to get more thread and more posts so I'm wondering what do u think about Taylor swift is going to start doing pop music well I think she is what do u think and what is ur favrot song of hers I like mean becase if the meaning of it its a cool song I think

2. Capichino

Wow Taylor swift must not have many fans on here lol no one has even viewed thus thread yet lol

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Her music's pretty bland, but she has a nice sound, and is one of the most beautiful girls I'll probably ever see in my life. I'm cautiously optimistic about her move away from country-ish stuff.

My favorite of hers is probably "You Belong With Me" because it's cute and about a shy girl ironically in the friend zone, but "Mean" is also pretty decent.

4. My favorite of all time by Taylor Swift - Mean. Favorite off of her new album - Red - 22!

5. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    red was okay. but this song tho
    [YOUTUBE]U3d5-2rNI38[/YOUTUBE]

6. [YOUTUBE]HjAuNhufppM[/YOUTUBE]
    It is an addictive song.

7. Shiny Espeon

I'm not a fan of hers. She sounds okay over the radio, but live, she can't hold a note. I can't stand that in a singer.

8. Kay

Kay Guest

Don't care for her music. I think she is an adorable woman though.

9. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Love her.
    My favorite song is...Tell Me Why. It's just nice sounding.

10. Mhin

my fave song from Taylor is "Our Song"

11. Nightmaric

I like her but she could do some work on her singing. She is hit or miss, leaning towards miss mostly. I got all of her music from a friend who loves her. Hey, it is free and it's kinda catchy.

12. grizzleybear33

Do you want my honest opinion, Capichino?

13. Capichino

Yes honest opinion

14. grizzleybear33

Saw this a couple months ago so here ya go.
    Taylor Swift is an international pop star who is adored by millions. But should this really be the case? Taylor Swift should not be as famous as she is because she simply doesn’t deserve it. She’s a bully to her ex-boyfriends, she portrays people who dress a certain way to be horrible people and she doesn’t act her age in the slightest. Those are the reasons why she doesn’t deserve her fame.

To begin, Taylor swift doesn’t deserve to be as famous as she is because she bullies her ex-boyfriends to no end. In one of her multitude of hit songs, she sings “I remember when we broke up the first time, saying, “This is it, I’ve had enough,” ‘cause like we hadn’t seen each other in a month when you said you needed space. (What?) Then you come around again and say “Baby, I miss you and I swear I’m gonna change, trust me.” Remember how that lasted for a day? I say, “I hate you,” we break up, you call me, “I love you.”” She basically ridicules that guy because he said he needed space from her. She obviously has some issues with letting go. No wonder guys need space, she’s obviously crazy clingy. That is just one of many examples of her saying bad things about guys in her songs. She doesn’t understand the concept of keeping personal matters private. She doesn’t deserve her fame because she bullies her ex-boyfriends in a lot of her songs.

Also, she doesn’t deserve her fame because she portrays people who dress a certain way to be horrible people. In the song You Belong With Me one of the lines is, “But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts, she’s cheer captain and I’m on the bleachers”. In a lot of her songs, she basically says that people who wear racier clothes than she does are bad people. Take the video of You Belong With Me for example. In it, poor innocent nerdy Taylor Swift is unappreciated by her best friend whom she is in love with. The “bitch” in the video is simply her with a black wig and racier clothes. The girl is portrayed as a horrible person simply because of the way she dresses. There is enough bullying in society about people who dress this way and Taylor Swift feeds on girl’s insecurities by calling the pretty popular girls horrible people and the quiet nerd’s better people. She doesn’t deserve her fame because she portrays people who dress like “sluts” to be worse people than those who don’t.

Lastly, Taylor Swift doesn’t deserve to be famous because she overplays the whole “cute and innocent act”. She’s 22 years old and still acts like a 15 year old. She doesn’t dress or act her age at all. God forbid if she were to wear a racier outfit, what would the 12 year old girls who worship her think? She’s trying to hold onto the “sweet and innocent act” in order to keep all the fans she has. Her excuse is probably that she isn’t letting the fame change her, but it definitely has. Fame would change anyone. She doesn’t want anyone to think any negative things about her, ever so she pretends to be perfect and blames all of her failed relationships on guys when really, with that many failed relationships, some have had to definitely be her fault. So she doesn’t deserve her fame at all because she acts totally fake for the media so people will like her.

In conclusion, Taylor Swift is undeserving of her popularity. The reasons she doesn’t deserve her fame is that she bullies and humiliates her ex-boyfriends in her songs, she portrays people who aren’t totally innocent to be horrible and lesser people than she is and she’s 100% fake so no one with think or say anything bad about her.

A/N: Hope this helped explain why I hate her. She simply doesn’t deserve what she has. And all her songs are terrible as well.

---------- Post added 5th Jan 2013 at 08:03 PM ----------

I didn't actually write this but I wish I did.

#14 grizzleybear33, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  15. midwestgirl89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love Taylor Swift's music. I listen to it all the time. She's a very talented song writer.

16. Fumi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I actually started paying attention to Taylor Swift after listening to "We are never getting back together", I like her recent work more.

17. Byron

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    She has a nice voice and I like several of her songs, but she needs to stop dating jerks or stop doing whatever is making her write/preform all of these depressing songs!

18. Tiny Catastrophe

I disagree. I saw her live and she was amazing.

Also, I am absolutely obsessed with her and have been since high school and so are a lot of my friends. I play her cd's so much that my girlfriend has finally started getting into her music as well.

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^That essay above was really formulaic and sensationalized, as if it took a weak point and blew it up for a persuasive essay on a standardized test. It is mostly accurate though hehe. The paragraph about her playing up being perfect is totally true. Looking more at herself would do her a WORLD of good.

It also said she doesn't deserve her popularity. Well IMO, 90% of famous people don't deserve to be famous. Hell, look at Snooki and Stephenie Meyer. It's all in making connections and having the blind luck of being in the right place at the right time with the right product/image.

20. Adarya

I've never really been a big fan of Taylor Swift :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My dislike for country music and just her as a person has never gotten me interested in her music and even if she were to start doing pop she still wouldn't be one of the people I would listen too (I'm not a big fan of pop music either)

and grizzelybear33 is making a valid point with his response ^^^