1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone recommend me some anime to watch

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JasmineFirebird, Jan 6, 2013.

1. I happened to stumble upon an anime called Ranma 1/2 and it's pretty entertaining. It's about a boy who goes theough gender transformation when hit by cold water, and turns back when hit by hot water.

Are there any similar anime where the main character can go through gender transformations? It somehow makes me feel happy imagining something like that could happen. I guess it keeps me hopeful about myself. Lol

2. SomeNights

gravitation and idk if they ever made an anime from the manga legal drug or not....bot yaoi and really good!

3. GabrielTai

Kashimashi, or in English, Girl meets Girl. Kind of a weird concept, but very interesting. A girl is incapable of seeing males. They are basically shadows in her vision, but she can see one boy in her school. He is accidentally killed by aliens, who feel bad about killing him, so they put him back together, but the screw up and make him female.

4. vani

vani Guest

Wait there was anime off it? πпπ

5. ... Naruto, Inuyasha, Sailor Moon, Dragonball-Z, Bleach, Naruto SHIPPUDEN, Pokemon. Just a couple of animated shows I watch.

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    cowboy bebop

7. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Blue exorcist

8. Night Rain

Shangri-la. It has a trans character (or 2) in it and she plays an important role. It's pretty serious though. You can watch it for free on Crunchyroll. I don't know any other anime that has a character that changes gender like Ranma.

9. Vesper

Anime which feature trans* or gender-transforming characters:
    Paradise Kiss (has bisexual/gay and trans* characters)
    Un-Go (one character can transform from a young boy to an adult woman)
    Wandering Son (transgender children, including one MTF and one FTM)

Other good ones:
    Sakamichi no Apollon/Kids on the Slope
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (the main character is canonically bisexual, but this is not important to the plot)
    Seirei no Moribito
    Cowboy Bebop (has brief appearances by trans*, gay, and/or bi characters)
    Durarara!
    Clannad
    Aoi Hana (has lesbian and bisexual girls)
    Ergo Proxy
    Planetes

#10 Vesper, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  10. Ticklish Fish

does Romeo x Juliet count?

one of the char has to cover up as another sex, but in private the char goes back

11. Oh wow thanks guys lol sorry if I sounded weird for asking that.

12. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I know turning into an animal isn't the same thing but you should give Fruits Basket a watch!! When they are feeling sick, or are hugged by someone of the opposite sex they turn into an animal of the zodiac! It's always been my favourite anime!

13. aconite

I don't really watch too much anime these days, so I don't know many new ones. Ranma 1/2 is definitely awesome, i watched only few episodes though. My friend said the manga is way better, try reading it if you like.

The anime I totally dig until now is good old Galaxy Angel. It's too funny to miss. I watched the whole four seasons and can't stop laughing. The main characters are all girls, and they have such interesting personalities each.

14. Suffocation

High School of the Dead,
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.

15. Kieth11

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you can, check out Claymore. It's an awesome, but really violent anime series, but for some reason it's addicting. Sadly only has one season though.
    It's rated TV-MA for strong language, nudity (hardly any) and strong animated violence. I reccomend it!

16. jp16

That anime is awesome!

Try Fushigi Yuugi it's not gender transformation but it's a really nice amazing anime:slight_smile:
    and HunterXHunter, One Piece, Naruto Shippuden, Slam Dunk, Pokemon, Doreimon, Mojacko,Inuyasha, Hamtaro, Detective Conan, Bleach, Akazukin Chacha, Dragon Ball, Samurai X , Yu Gi Oh, Flame Of Recca, Lupin, Full Metal Alchemis and Fruit Basket:slight_smile:
    Actually there's many more anime that i watch but i forgot what's their title so hope that helps:icon_bigg.