1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kerli fans?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by JustARaconteur, Jan 16, 2013.

1. JustARaconteur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey all,

The other day I saw a video recommendation on my YouTube sidebar for "The Lucky Ones" by Kerli. I gave the video a watch and ended up liking it. I watched a few of her other videos and read her Wikipedia page. So far I've enjoyed what I've heard from her and after watching a few interviews grew to like her personality and image.

I think what stood out most to me is her drive to be positive and uplifting. We can all dance to a song about partying or throwing our worries away for the night, but she isn't a wild child party girl like mainstays Gaga and Ke$ha. According to her entry on Wikipedia she suffered from clinical depression, bi polar disorder, and used to self harm. She even attempted suicide at age 17. She really aspires to make things better and even has this policy of hugging all of her fans, which hopefully will last because one weird/crazy fan won't ruin it. *Fingers crossed*

And she's a big advocate for our community. She's stated numerous times people should be viewed as and treated as human beings, not viewed by race or sexuality. She even performed at Boston and Chicago Pride, so go her.

I realize this comes across as a plug for her, but really I'm just offering some background for those who may not be familiar with her.

2. animequeen567

I heard about her around the time her first album came out. I loved her music. I lost track of her though. I need to start listening to her again.

3. idleteen

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've listened to her off and on since 2010. I think she's doing great things for our community, I just wish she'd release another album. She's released three singles these past two years and still no album. I loved "Army of Love" and "Zero Gravity". I don't care too much for "The Lucky Ones", she's still great though.

4. kylo

I saw her music video for " Love is dead " close to 2 years ago and I've been a fan of her ever since. I'm not super ecstatic about " the lucky ones " because I feel it's just a song to cry and cross over to radio/mainstream like so many artists do instead of staying true to the music they want to do for example, but record labels push sales because it's all about the money.

5. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    YES. I love Kerli. I discovered her back in 2008, when I was looking for a Myspace Layout. This girl, she saved me in one of my deepest depressions. Her album Love Is Dead wasn't exactly happy go-lucky, but her voice really spoke to me, as clique as that sounds. I decided to contact her one day through Myspace, and we spoke a lot. I'd go into her live chats whenever she had one or was a guest in one, and she'd always come tell me how she saw me & was glad I came.

I miss those days. Personally, I think her singles as of late haven't been good, and while I don't mind the whole bubble goth thing, prefer her from back then. I miss Love Is Dead era Kerli. I haven't spoken to her in some time, and probably never will again, which saddens me. I'm happy for her, as she's grown so much, and her dream was to make it over here, but I miss the days when I could have a conversation with her a couple days a week or she'd be able to notice people she'd talk a lot in different places, and take the time to contact you too.

I also remember using all the money I used to get on her merchandise. I'd get so upset if there was something I couldn't afford at the time that came out, lol.

Sorry, going into my own sappiness. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. BrokenGuy

BrokenGuy Guest

I love Kerli!! :grin: I knew about her from the time she started in the music industry. My favourite song and music video of hers, is definitely Walking On Air. It's a BRILLIANT song, and a BRILLIANT music video that features it! :grin:

7. MixedNutz

I like her, ever since I saw the "walking on air" video

8. GlamKat

I'm not really a fan, however I love love LOVE the song she did with Tokio Hotel called 'Strange'. It's one of my favorite songs. :slight_smile: