1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Human (U.S.)-The Feels!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by WillowMaiden, Jan 17, 2013.

1. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Who saw the premiere, what did we think? Warning there will be spoilers.

I loved it. The beginning had me confused, hopeful, and then very sad. Poor Aidan! Speaking of poor Aidan, oh my god that ending! I was seriously like this "Nooooo! ToT" for the last two minutes of the episode. And to have Birdy's rendition of Skinny Love playing in the background...it's like they put up a huge banner at the bottom of the screen that read in bold letters "CRY FANGIRL, CRY!" Oh man...

Okay, Josh and Nora--Not surprised she didn't get cured. That whole idea sounded iffy to me from the get go. Makes sense that it would cure Josh because that was his maker, but Josh being cured curing Nora? I didn't know about that. Looks like it was a bust after all. As far as Josh not being a wolf anymore, am I happy? Eh, not really. I want him to be a wolf again. I know he's happy and everything, but I liked all of them being supes (True Blood terminology). It's a werewolf, a vampire, and a ghost live together, not a vampire, a ghost, and an awkward human hospital worker person.

That brings me to: witch lady! Whoa...talk about creepy. What's with the blood anacondas? From the previews it looks like she brings Ray back to life, which is going to be very troubling for Josh, therefore very exciting for me (fingers crossed for Ray turning him again!)

Am I horrible for wanting Josh to be a brooding wolf boy again? Ah, I don't care. He's just so cute when he suffers. I whump him because I love him.

Moving on--Sally. Wow, limbo is um...limbo is rough. But, they have been rescued--all of them. Did anyone else think they would all be in Sally's body?? It seems like they may all get their bodies back. I'm wondering how they'll spin that. I would prefer if they all got their separate bodies back even if the explanation turns out iffy. There's going to be way too much serious shit going on to waste time on any United States of Sally segments. Besides, Nick and Stevie are interesting. I want to know more about them. They may provide some good story lines. Separate bodies makes that easier.

Speaking of serious shit--Vampire AIDS! It even gets the undead. Damn that virus. *shakes fist* But seriously, what do we think this is? It looks like the plague. I'm wondering if it was given to them on purpose (like someone purposely tainted humans' blood by giving them a virus that humans can beat, but this someone knew the vamps couldn't, hmm, interesting) or if this is just bad luck.

Umm...I think that's pretty much all of my feels towards this episode. Looks like it's gonna be a great season.

P.S.--Please no U.K. version vs. U.S. version debates, also meaning no attacks on this show in favor of the other or vice versa. I just want to talk about the episode. I don't want this to happen (again):

Snobby Being Human U.K. Fans: "Aidan and Josh are weak. It's all about Mitch and George. Mitch is sssooooooooo dark and manly!"

Emotional Being Human U.S. fans: "How DARE you! Aidan and Josh are funny and beautiful! Mitch and George are boring and pastey!"

Snobby Being Human U.K. Fans: "Britain used to own you!!"

Emotional Being Human U.S. Fans: "America will destroy you!!!"

Whoa...:roflmao:..wait...:roflmao:....oh man...*wipes tear*...okay. Continue.

Meanwhile, neither group has actually watched nor has a desire to watch the other versions they so heavily diss. They literally only know names, which they googled with intent to bash. ...True happening. Ridiculously hilarious and very true. :lol:

So yeah, none of that. I only watch this Being Human and I like it. I'm sure the U.K. is great, too. I don't knock it all because I like this one, that's just rude. Keep it light and civil, fanpeoples. :grin: It's like shipping wars on Tumblr. The fight is useless because there can be no all winning OTP. It's all about personal preference.

With that said, I leave you to discuss Monday's episode. :thumbsup:

2. FrankieUK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well i for one! love American remakes! (SHAMELESS US I LOVE) so im definitely going to try and watch this tonight if i can find it, what time did it air in the US?

To this day im still confused with Being Human :/.

3. Tim

Tim

I actually prefer the US version, (which is strange, I usually prefer the UK version in shows with both) I actually have issues watching the Uk version, lol.

To people who actually take the time to watch both versions, the US version took a MASSIVE 180 degree turn from where the UK one was at after season 1.

Honestly, I see no reason to keep running the show. About 3 people who want to be like normal people.

Now 2 of them are normal people. >_>

And Aidan's storyline has always bored me. Not to mention having to look away because of all the damn blood. It's such a bland story.

Sally's story is the story that keeps me watching. Though the twist they had seems... odd. I didn't expect her to be brought back to life, though in a promo, it shows her starting to disappear, so who knows how long it'll be.

And the witch who resurrected her is billed as a main cast member, so she'll be around the entire time.

The one thing I hope they do, even if it's minor - have Sally ALWAYS wear fancy clothes. Have her say a line like "If I die again, I don't want to end up in my comfortable sleep clothes for all eternity." She always complained about wanting to change clothes. xD

But yea, Aidan is such a boring storyline it's not funny. Sally's is great, and I like Josh/Nora's. Though, I was starting to like Josh/Julia when BAM. >_>

I also thought they would all end up in Sally's body. That's why I thought she sounded so crazy when she woke up, with all the voices in her head. But after Nora said "Did they wake up in their graves?!" I was like "Great, more digging up graves, which apparently the police in that town do not care about."

I want to see the Nick/Zoe reunion. >_> Better yet, have Sally show up, Zoe thinking she's still a ghost, then have the reaction when Sally like, hugs her or something, then out pops Nick. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also: Did Sally's mom take her door? I don't believe we got to see if she did or didn't.

#3 Tim, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  4. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

YES! I love Shameless US, too! It's the only one I've seen and it satisfies. :grin:

Being Human airs Mondays at 9 p.m. on Syfy. Netflix has season 1 available and Hulu puts up new episodes every week, I believe. Check it out. I hope you like it. :slight_smile:

5. FrankieUK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aaaah im with netflix but we don't get it here on that yet and hulu is only for your country more sad face :frowning2:(, ill find a way to watch it though haha, we have SyFy mind so ill check the guide later!, and what i still want to watch is Skins US! (sorry for changing the subject)

6. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I can't remember...I think she did.

---------- Post added 17th Jan 2013 at 09:44 PM ----------

No, you're grand. :grin:

Funny thing actually, I was thinking about checking out Skins U.K. I've never seen either shows, but I was already watching Misfits and then someone recommended Skins and something called The Cut.

I've heard good things about both Skins (well you know when people weren't bitching about remakes and such.) I hoping I like either one of them myself.

Have you ever heard of this Irish show called Love/Hate? It's a crime drama, takes place in Dublin. I've been watching it and I gotta say, if you're into crime dramas, it's definitely worth watching.

7. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Aidan's reunion with Sally and Josh was so cute and touching. The way Sally ran into his arms and then the close up of Josh and Aidan hugging....I watched it twice. So great.

I hope Nora's okay. There was no body, so I'm guessing she's not dead (?). Great episode.

8. Tim

Tim

I do wonder if Zoe's okay though.

If coming into contact with someone from your past life kills them, does Nick meeting Zoe as a ghost count?

I loved the whole reunion scene.

*Sally rushes up to hug Aidan, who hugs back for like, way too long*
    *Aidan sees Josh, and goes to hug him*
    *Halfway through exiting Sally's hug, he goes "Wait, the fuck?"* XD

9. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Zoe's gonna be fine. The rule says not to see or come into contact with any from before you were a ghost.

Nick met Zoe when he was a ghost, not when he was human, so she's fine. If the rule was to not come into contact with anyone you met while a ghost, then Josh would be dead, too, for seeing and talking with all three of them whom he met while they were all ghosts.

I hope we see more of Zoe and Nick. They're cute and Zoe being a medium is interesting enough. I wonder if they'll expand on that. I also want Stevie to stick around.

:lol: I love that part of the reunion!

Hey what did you think of all the lingering touches and eye contact on the couch between Aidan and Sally? Yes they are two attractive people and would be cute together. However, during that whole scene I was shaking my head. I like the big brother/little sister relationship between those two so much, I don't want them to bang....please Sally and Aidan, don't bang. Now everytime they look at each other too long I'll be sitting in front of the TV like this :help: "Nooooo."

:lol:

10. Tim

Tim

I also wonder if Sally, Nick, or Stevie die, do they become ghosts again, or do they go back to Limbo?

>_>

11. pancake111

OMG my bff and I love this show. This season seems like it's going to be darker. I'm really excited :slight_smile:

12. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I agree. Things are getting really serious and edgy. Can't wait to see what the Papa wolf does, although I truly don't want him to hurt Josh too badly.

13. Tim

Tim

Why would he hurt Josh?

Aidan's the one who killed his son.

14. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Sooo, witch lady eats ghost dust. Thoughts?

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2013 at 07:30 PM ----------

Oh yeah that's true. He could still get down on Josh for "going against his kind" as that seems to be the biggest of wolf sins, if he finds out about Ray or his support for the killing of his psycho son that is.

15. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I love the U.S. version, but it's so depressing sometimes :/

16. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

:lol: I know right. This season is about to be especially dark, I can see it already. I like that, even the depressing bits. It makes the story weirdly better, the darker and sadder it gets.

17. Tim

Tim

She eats ghost residue of the people the ones she resurrects kills by encountering to... grow younger? :confused:

18. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Ooh good one. Or perhaps she's centuries old and has to eat ghost dust to stay immortal.

19. Tim

Tim

No, I mean, watch it again. xD As she's eating it, you see her wrinkles disappear, etc.