1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latter Days

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ampthejazz, Oct 22, 2006.

1. ampthejazz

Has anyone here seen the movie Latter Days? If so, what did you think of it?

I thought it was really great. It's a gay movie, but I consider it to be more of just a really good romance movie, not a gay romance movie... if you get what I mean.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0345551/

2. zeremonie

I saw Latter Days in the theaters when it was brand new. I happened to be living in San Francisco at the time. I liked it a lot then and felt it worth the price of a ticket, but somehow it's not the kind of movie I'd rent. It was more fun to see in a theater with popcorn than to watch on a t.v.

3. tinkergeek

tinkergeek Guest

Ah, Latter Days is quite easily one of my favorite films. I have seen other films with better actors and better plots... Though, Latter Days just sort of rolled the whole gay experience into a single movie for me..

It had the sweet, next-door neighbor type of guy in it. It had the love lost. It had the happy reunion between lovers. Then, it had the happily ever after in it. It also had the whole gay/suicide thing in it (which, scares me to death when I think of one of my friends feeling the need to do something like that). A lot of emotions rolled into a single show..

Latter Days isn't a movie I watch over and over again, or a film that I'd watch on a first date or anything.. but, it has to be one of my all time favorites.

4. LorenzG1950

Bought the DVD and loved it. Must have watched it at least 10 times so far. I even carry a gift copy once in a while when I think I might run into some Mormons around our Army base. They probably won’t accept it but it would be fun to convert a few Mormons to more tolerance. I also enjoyed the soundtrack, especially “Windmills” by Toad The Wet Sprocket:thumbsup: .

Latter Days is one of the movies that helped me realize I'm gay.