1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lana Del Rey

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Divopix, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Divopix

Eh, I like her. But she isn't really played on radio here, I was wondering if she gets more radio play in the US or anywhere around Europe? Do any of you like her?

2. Jordz

I haven't really heard any over here. The only one I've heard on radios is Born To Die. Is a shame tho because she does have a good voice

3. Divopix

Kinda unique voice. I've been listening to her album and I kind of like it. I just want to know how she became so famous, because I've never heard her on the radio.

P.S isn't Tulisa just the sexiest thing ever?:grin:

4. Jordz

Yea, Usually its the radio that makes them famous but it does not seem to be the case for her..

Haha, I'm not the best judge of that but her voice is amazing :lol: Apparently so since she is number 1 in FHM sexiest women :icon_wink

5. Divopix

I don't like her on XF though :eusa_naug

Hmm, I'll have to search how she became so famous then!

6. Jordz

She was better on the first year when she won with little mix

7. xXPsychedelicXx

I like her! "Video Games" has been played on radio, but I don't know about any of her other songs.

8. julia

I absolutely love her. I've never heard her on the radio here before, though. Every single one of her songs are amazing, her voice is so gorgeous, even live.

9. Divopix

100% agree :slight_smile:

10. ems

ems

Same here love her music and she is pretty good looking too .:slight_smile:

11. Divopix

She's very very attractive! She's very real as well, I mean, there's a lot of controversy around her life growing up and stuff, but she seems real on stage.

12. Gerit

I adore Lana. She's a real outlier in the music industry. Her songs are kind of their own genre in a sense.

13. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Actually, do look into it because it is a lot of juicy drama.

I shamelessly love her music and I own a lot of her songs, but she is fake to the max. Her whole career has been launched by her rich father and she has tried to make it multiple times under different names. Each time she failed, she would get more money from herd dad, get a new name, more surgeries, different team of image managers, and get on it again.

Still props to her for what she has done, but this isn't your typical artist who gets discovered and rises to fame.

14. sanguine

i LOVE lana del rey, her music isnt big here, but I first heard her video games song and that was it, her born to die album is one of the few albums I can say that I like probably most if not every song in it.

15. lxlJDlxl

I like her music, there is something so magical with her voice, something that is haunting. I just do not like it when she performs live because her voice is somewhat higher than her studio voice. I haven't heard her on the radio here though.

16. Lucky Panda

I love her.

End of story.

17. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Which is funny because like everyone else, when I saw the SNL performance I was like woof. What happened? Her voice on tape is so nice and I really like a lot of her songs. But there's so much layering done in her singles to create this ethereal effect that she just can't replicate in person. She's also said that she suffers from stage fright, and doesn't really know what to do when she's performing-and it shows. She's stiff, awkward and looks uncomfortable. She's also said allegedly that she won't make another record because "everything she has to say, she's said already." Which is a real shame because I think if she got some voice coaching, and someone to help her with her stage fright she'd be a force to be reckoned with.

18. Divopix

You must look at more live videos then! Her voice has improved greatly since that performance! To be honest, I didn't even think it was that bad.I thought this was great.

19. sanguine

Yea, my friend says it sounds like she is one of those artists who sing multiple versions of the song and cut and pastes the best parts together

with that being said it still doesnt take away the genius behind her lyrics, it so poetic in the fact that you can sing without the instrumentals and it would still sound good.

20. Divopix

I've heard all of that! But, she seems so genuine to her fans whether she's that fake or not.