1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men play Video Games becuase we like Territory

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tokarov, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is the article. http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=87031

yeah...So apparntly Men play video games, because we like to gain more territory hahaha.

I'm a resident hard-core gamer, I play THE COMPLETE Call of Duty series, seriously my favorite game, then I dabbled in World of Warcraft, F.E.A.R....just so many games I have played.

Very intersting stuff...but I do it to pwn the opponent... but for territory? uhhh.. I guess I can see where they are coming from.

How bout you guys?

2. KatoKumi

I play games because I like my character to look cute.
    Lmfao gosh. I didn't think it was about territory.

...Yeah, I used to be a gamer.
    Not so into that anymore.
    I'd rather just read :]

3. BreakingGlass

Total hardcore gamer. F.E.A.R., BioShock, and Gears of War. Half-Life 2 is my true love!

4. Alexander

hehe same here :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. crystaltriforce

really? because a scientific study says that males play more videogames because they get more of a sense of accomplishment then femails when they are playing videogames.

6. Nugget

I don't know, I feel really good after beating a difficult boss.

7. Markio

I pretty much just replay Pokemon Red and Blue over and over, with different teams of Pokemon every time. Too bad I don't have a link cable, or else I'd one day complete it and move on. You can't really gain territory in that game. Most games have like nothing to do with territory! I play to de-stress or if I'm really carefree and my friends are all gone... I like living in real life anyway. Said the guy on the message board :grin:

8. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Bullshit, I play them because I have fun with them. Okami is a visual orgasm, Mega Man 2 has a symphony in .midi form, and Kefka is the second-best nihilistic deformed clown villain in media. Gaining territory...has almost nothing to do with it.

And for the record, I almost never play games online. I can, and occasionally I do, but I prefer single-player.

9. Derek the Wolf

I dunno about that...
    I play video games for fun. I'm not competitive.

10. Defender

Defender Guest

I play for customization.

11. Steam Giant

Pre-NES gamer here ^^ and yes, I do realize how old that'd make me when I started! ^^

I've been a gamer my whole life. The reason I started was my mom and dad played a little. After the release of the NES, and my parents' respective loss of interest in gaming, I continued to play because video games were the only fun thing they allowed my brother and I to do. I continue to play today because, well, gaming is really fun! ^^ I don't really have a desire to defeat an opponent per se, but I like to sink into the game's environment, get away from it all for a bit, and play the part of an epic hero for a little while ^^ (epic, in this case, simply meaning "able to accomplish more than the average human," which covers practically every video game player character)

I also like being in control, and video games fill this role nicely - whether it's being able to plan around a set of parameters, create my own character/level/world, or in online games, a character build that allows me to deny my opponent the use of their own abilities.