1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 part tv questions

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by theMaverick, Jan 29, 2013.

1. theMaverick

FIRST : Cutting the cord and living free of cable, has anyone does it? Do you use Apple TV? Roku? Watch it on your computer?

SECOND : I watch too much TV and it's a habit I'm desperately trying to break. I have cut back rather tremendously on the shows I watch, but I made a list today and found that I still have a large list of shows that I don't want to miss. A large majority of them are available on Hulu but some I would have to purchase the individual seasons of via either Amazon or iTunes. Any suggestions on how I could shorten my list? Or should I just accept that I like what I like, suck it up and pay for cable so I don't have to try and go through the difficulty of finding other mediums to watch TV on?

Here is the list I've currently declared "must watch" just so you can see how much of a problem I feel I have.

New Girl
    Family Guy
    Doctor Who
    Once Upon A Time
    Scandal
    Modern Family
    Castle
    Apartment 23
    Happy Endings
    Rookie Blue
    How I Met Your Mother
    American Horror Story
    Sons of Anarchy
    Justified
    Dallas
    Falling Skies
    Southland
    Cougar Town
    Teen Wolf
    Buckwild
    Catfish
    The Walking Dead

---------- Post added 29th Jan 2013 at 03:17 PM ----------

Plus I have this irrational fear that I'll miss out on the next big thing.

2. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I tend to just download a lot fo the tv I watch, I don't watch a whole lot on tv anymore. And then you can watch at your own pace too. You can even get some tv shows on youtube, depending on the ones that you like.

It takes me a little bit to get into tv shows sometimes, but I just find that I'll be busy doing things when a program comes on, so forget to watch it on a weekly basis. I don't really like sitting in front of the tv watching hours of tv.