1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'The Following' - a modern day Leopold and Loeb

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by IanGallagher, Jan 29, 2013.

1. IanGallagher

'The Following' is the new crime show starring Kevin Bacon about a Manson type serial killer obsessed with the works of Edgar Allen Poe.

Within it there's two gays who the killer put together to pose as gay lovers to get close to a girl so they can kill her later. In the first episode it questions their sexuality, in the second it makes it a little more clear --

Will is bisexual while Billy is just flat out gay, they have probably always been this way as well if a recent flashback is any indicator. It also seems like Will knows Billy has fallen in love with him more than he has with Billy and is using this to manipulate him. Basically the same story as Leopold and Loeb, two very infamous LGBT killers, told in a modern day setting. There have also been FBI profilers who have wondered if the Columbine shooters were also sexually attracted to each other because this could have driven them to further impress one another in their pursuits. I don't know how many other guy killers have worked like this before, just that I'm pretty sure it's "text book."

Anyway, it seems like a new and really interesting look at LGBT couples on TV especially if they play this off right and go in the route I think they are.