1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hedwig and The Angry Inch

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by madi, Jan 30, 2013.

1. madi

I was recently in Seattle and while I was there I saw a production of "Hedwig and The Angry Inch". I hadn't heard of it prior to going. So for all of you who are in the position that I was I will give you a very brief description. The main character "Hedwig" is a boy who is living on the eastern side of the Berlin wall in the 70s and 80s. He falls in love with a much older American man who promises to take him to America if he marries him. In order to get married though he has to be a woman so he gets a very very bad sex change. It is a musical and the version I saw at least was amazing. It's quirky, and funny, but also touching and sad at times. I got my poster autographed by the guy who played Hedwig(in drag). There is also a movie version of it though for anyone interested. Anyone else on here seen any versions of it? What were your thoughts? Did you like or dislike it?

2. Rivers

I LOVE Hedwig and the Angry Inch! I saw the movie version and it was absolutely fantastic. My dad's librarian recommended it to me, and I'm glad I listened to her.

I cry every time I hear "Wicked Little Town"....

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a bunch of friends who are huge fans of it. I personally didn't like it. But then, I didn't really like Rocky Horror either :slight_smile:

4. madi

I know right? It is one of those stories that made me laugh a lot and also cry at parts

---------- Post added 30th Jan 2013 at 08:27 PM ----------

sucks that you didn't enjoy it, and I love Rocky Horror but when I really look at it, it is a terrible movie. It's so iconic though and riskay for when it was made. I find it cool that it has such a large following even among straight people.