1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIX NATIONS! (rugby)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by LiquidSwords, Feb 3, 2013.

1. LiquidSwords

There must be some people into rugby here right? First weekend of six nations was amazing!

England were actually quality, Scotland never looked like winning and but for silly mistakes and turnovers England could have put 20 more points on them. Wood and Robshaw were quality and Morgan's ball carrying was incredible, he bounced about three players in one run in the second half. Farrell was actually decent and his pass for Parling's try was quality. I thought Care should have been starting ahead of Youngs but they're both excellent and it's actually pretty mad the sort of players England can bring off the bench these days. Lawes, Haskell, Care, Flood didn't even start and Foden didn't even make the team (although he should have). Happy days for England, I've got £16 (a lot of money for me) on an England grand slam and I'm feeling pretty good about this.

France have pretty much blown the tournament already, they were actually terrible. I have no idea what happened, it seemed like the players didn't even want to be there and even when they were two points down with 15 or so minutes left they just seemed completely disinterested. I know it's cliche when commentators talk about the result "depending on which French team turns up" but it was sort of proved right today, they were just terrible. They won't win their away trip to Twickenham and I expect they'll finsh third behind England and Ireland, one of which I expect will win the grand slam, which will be the team who wins next week.

Didn't see the whole Wales-Ireland game but I hear Wales played terribly, I really don't know what's happened to them lately. O'Driscoll still looks class.

Please tell me someone else is as excited as me about the six nations?

2. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Missed the first games over the weekend but will defiantly be watching next weekend, especially with the potential grand slam decider game with Ireland and England.

My moneys on Ireland winning the grand slam due to them playing France and England at home and already beating wales away. England still have to go to Wales too which is never easy, but there win over New Zealand in the autumn shows how much better they are getting.

Italy has been getting better over the years and look there strongest ever, although i heard France were quite poor. Scotland for the wooden spoon again.

so:
    Ireland
    England
    Wales
    France
    Italy
    Scotland

3. Harve

I missed the Scotland/England and Ireland/Wales games, but France getting obliterated was oddly pleasing.

Paranoid about having an English accent and being in Scotland right now.

4. MichaelB

Ireland v Wales was a good game, Wales really gave Ireland hell in the second half.

England v Scotland was boring... srs, result was expected. I always feel sorry for Scotland haha, why do they even turn up anymore? >_>

Italy v France, like someone said, seeing France get obliterated by one of the worst national teams going was oddly satisfying. France always plays like that though, one game it's almost like they don't give a fuck, and the next game they're playing like demons so, never know with them.

5. caughtbywitness

RT'ed one of the french tweeting 'oh merde' :L

Didn't watch that much of it because horse racing was on but I normally do and Dad's going to see Eng vs Italy, not that he knows it yet!

6. Harve

I don't normally like rugby guys, but Leigh Halfpenny may just make me watch far more Welsh games from now on...

7. LiquidSwords

:icon_bigg

Also, these guys.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Watch them all next satuday!

8. Harve

Tension. Ahh, can't cope.

9. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [​IMG]

Conor Murray

10. Harve

Given up. SOB.

11. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wales won!!

12. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

Fair play to Wales, was always going to happen on their home turf. England are still a developing side that will hopefully get better, but they were shit today. Suppose Wales had to be better than England at something one day :icon_wink

Wasn't expecting France and Ireland to finish bottom and Italy look like there improving.

13. MichaelB

Devastated English man over here.

Yeah we're still improving, but Wales hasn't exactly been playing well this tournament either so I thought we would win...

Oh well, time to drown my misery and celebrate Saint Patricks day; two birds with one stone. :thumbsup:

14. caughtbywitness

One of my best friend (girl) has a massive thing for Ben Youngs!

Hope everyone are wales fans after today...