1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spanish music

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by CaptainTrips, Mar 8, 2008.

1. CaptainTrips

So, I've got about $25 worth of Itunes in gift cards, and I wanted to get some music in Spanish...trouble is, i don't really know any artists!!

my music taste is pretty varied, but i tend to lean more towards rock or reggaeton. Can anyone suggest some decent artists to look up? thanks!!

2. Red87

Pitbull, Daddy Yankee, and Don Omar are the three big ones I can recommend. All three are damn good Reggaeton artists. I can't understand a damn thing that they're saying but the sounds are just freakin' cool :grin:.

3. Bader

Bader Guest

Shakira has a spanish album :slight_smile:

4. Orion

Hmm if you're thinking about some reggaeton, you MUST download "La locura automática" make sure it's the remix reggaeton version, with Eddie Dee, one of the best songs in it's type.

What else... Calle 13, great group, specially their songs "Atrevete" and "Tango del pecado".

Hope it helps, tell me if you liked them.

5. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

You need ..need! Some Wisin y Yandel...Hector el Bambino ....and Rakim y KenY. You can also listen to some Ivy Queen and youtube calabria remix with punto rojo that is the sh!t.

6. biisme

spanish music, spanish music, spanish music.

all i hear about is spanish music....

why don't you ask some spanish people we know?

7. CaptainTrips

'cause they all recommend people I've already heard of--Mana, la oreja de van gogh, juanes, and that's about it. I want a fresh perspective!

which brings me to the rest of you--thanks for your suggestions! I'm going to look them up as soon as i can, and I'll get back to you on how i like 'em.

8. Hepcat

Joaquín Sabina, María Del Mar Bonet, Estopa and Fito y los Fitipaldis are great, I think.

I highly recommend their music if you're looking for some Spanish stuff.

9. Quitex

Quitex Guest

NO! please, NO!!! NOt reggeaton that's SICK!
    Spanish artists that are a MUST:
    Christina Aguilera :grin:
    I really like OV7, an old group but songs like "Aum Aum", "Shabadabada", "No me voy", Mirame a los ojos" you can spend a great time dancing and fooling around.
    Jesse & Joy's "Espacio Sideral" is a great love song.
    Shakira's old music, and Juanes's first albums are very nice.
    If you're wanting to have a craaazier time, the group Miranda has some really cool songs, as "Don", "El Profe" (AKA the dirty sex song, it is talking about sex in a not so direct way since the first beat and I LOVE THAT SONG IT'S AMAZING), and "Perfecta".
    Julieta Venegas is a wonderful mexican singer/songwriter. She has a very big music history, but she became famous just little ago with her songs "Quisieras andar Conmigo" (perfect song to ask your crush to be your bf/gf :wink: ), "Lento" (if you're downloading this song, make sure it's Julieta Venegas's, not RBD's), and "Perfecta" (yes, the same one from Mirinda, haha).
    Laura Pausini is an amazing italian/spanish singer. I can put my hands on fire to compare her as the Spanish/Italian version of Celine Dion. Her songs "Como si nunca te hubiera amado" is very powerful, and "Viveme" was the main soundtrack of a very famous Mexican soap opera.
    Talking about Italian guys, Tiziano Ferro has some challenging songs in spanish due to his very high notes. "Tardes Negras" has a falcetoo very hard to hit and the song is very beautiful. "Del baño al aeropuerto" (From the bathroom to the airport) is one of my favorite songs. Its very... I dont know... Dada, dada rada! AHA! *shakes his booty*, LOL. He has amazing ballads too. "Trece años" is a very sad song... about how he missed a love, his love, awww. "No me lo puedo explicar" is a very good song that talks about he boing in love and how he just can'e explain how and why.
    Sin Bandera (without a flag.... interesign name, heh) is by far the most gayest duet formed by two straight guys. LOL. their songs are mainly ballads and the most beautiful songs I may recoomend are "Entra en mi vida" (another must for hooking up), "Que lloro" (when he/she breaks up with you, it's a must! Talks about how you're missing your significant other, the title is transalted as "I'm crying"), "Mientes tan bien" and "Sirena".
    Almost following the same style, we have mr. Ricardo Arjona. The most well-known Guatemaltecan (?, from Guatemala) songwriter/singer. His vocals are IMO very boring, but he is IMo the best latino songwriter. His song "Jesús es verbo, no sustantivo" (Jesus is verb, not noun) critisizes most of the churches, making this song the most well known song from his career. "Mojado" is a song that he wrote and performed with another mexican group and talks about immigration (we call "mojados" to the illegal inmigrants). "De vez en mes" is the only song I know that talks about... guess what? Women's period. Yes, the period. LOL. Very meaningful song, it tells how that little thing affects the whole relationship but everytime the period's over, you love her more and more eveytime - a love song with some interesting... backround, LOL.

And, ending, if you can get Salvadorean music on the web, I recommend the songwriter/singer Pamela Robin: Something ike Avril Lavinge but way better and not popish punkish. She has good vocals too.
    And another Salvadorean Artist I may recommend is the group "Kandela" (Their album is on sale in most of California, Nevada, etc). They're Christian Rock, and they're my family (LOL, lead vocals is Nahum Galdámez, we share the same last name and he is a distant cousin from me, confirmed by my grand mother :eek: )

If you need help transalting a song either english to spanish or spanish to english I can help you, and I can sing it to you if you have skype as well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:!!!!

10. CaptainTrips

wow--thanks everyone!! i looked up some of the reggaeton artists already; i especially like "La locura automática" and that calabria song, and of course Daddy Yankee is always fun to listen to--especially when you try to sing along and butcher most of the words, drawing weird looks from everyone!

I'll look up the other suggestions once I'm on my own computer. looks like I'll finally have some variety in my spanish music library!

11. Beebo

If you're looking for the sickest/most beautiful guitar song in the world, get Midnight March by Don Ross... and if you like that, get Klimbim or Brook's Waltz

12. pirateninja

Manu Chao - Clandestino

I know that song through a friend who does A level Spanish, it's not that bad.

13. TyraBanksIsFierce

SHAKIRA:icon_redf :icon_redf

14. redesigner

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Amaral is a really nice band

15. Antonio252

Selena And Ivy Queen are very good