1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vinyl Albums

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Thatoneguy, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone here Vinyl fans. I prefer to have vinyl copies of my albums, I haven't be able to add to my collection because I am essentially broke (university tends to do that).

Nothing is better than hearing some of your favorite music coming from a record player.

2. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

i ave ac/dc black ice in vinyl still haven't opened it since i bought it. also have rush hemispheres in red vinyl, and some other stuff

3. timo

I love having records on vinyl and I'm glad most artists still release their music on vinyl. It feels like you're actually playing the music instead of just hitting 'play'. And a cupboard full of records + a record player in the middle of the room looks awesome.

Collecting rare and limited releases is the best part.

4. HelmetBoi

I adore vinyl! I grew up with it and find it really quite difficult to get my head around how a lot of people younger than 20 have never experienced music on a format you can actually see working. I love digital but hitting play on iTunes isn't an experience, going through your vinyl collection finding what you want to listen to and physically putting it on the deck is an experience. :slight_smile:

5. aspiecarer

I too have vinyls although they are all neatly packed away,to gether with record player..they made space for CDs and now DVDs...
    Should really did them out ,just sounds so different from digital music

6. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was surprised at how many current artists were putting out vinyls. I found my parents old collection in the attic and fell in love with them, next thing I knew I had a pile of my own.

7. Oh yeah I've been collecting for awhile now (just got a new Leonard Cohen in the mail yesterday. Now I'm waiting on two others.) pretty much all my extra money goes into records now. Also helps that my local record store is amazing.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I work at a music shop, so I can get my hands on some vinyl copies here and there.

I have a lot of The Doors, and The Smiths vinyl, and a collectors Led Zeppelin 3 LP Record vinyl set. I don't listen to them all too much, moreso keep them as a neat thing to have. They look neat.

9. Oh I see the OP is from Halifax...so uh you're a frequenter of Taz too huh? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh yeah, Love it. You have to move fast once they get stock in though, there seems to be a big interest in vinyl in Halifax.

Have you ever been to Obsolete Records up on Agricola street? I've been meaning to check them out, but never got around to it.

11. Yeah I went there once pretty decent stock, but you know nothing compared to Taz. Even had a obscure Grinderman recording which I snapped up immediately. Worth checking out for sure.

12. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently Taz is moving to a bigger place on Grafton street. Even more of a selection.

I hope they take the chance to better sort their stock. There is basically a rack of jazz, a rack of r+b/house/rap and then everything else together.

13. photoguy93

I have a nice collection, yet.... I have no player. Hahahahahaha. I found this store that sold Vinyls when I was on vacation, and I just bought a ton. I have some great ones! But no way to play them...sigh. lol.

14. Shadowsettler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Vinyl has always entrigued me. :grin: I remember wanting Pink Floyd's Piper at the Gates on vinyl, but I settled for FLAC because it's cheaper and roughly the same quality. :lol: Although not quite as much fun as watching a record play.

15. To the collectors among us what are your most prized possesions?

Mine would definitely be my Tom Waits Orphans box-set, or my Mono Dylan set which is just his first 8 albums in a fancy box but ya know 8 of the best albums ever.

16. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing that stands out, Expect I have a signed Summer of Lust album by The Library Voices.