1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone here make music?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RavioliFaceMan, Feb 15, 2013.

1. After a quick glance around, I didn't see much here about making music. I was just wondering if there was anyone out there that made music of any kind? This could be a good place to post your soundcloud pages, youtubes or whatever else and give and take feedback - maybe even get some collaborations going!
    So, any decent musicians here or not? :slight_smile:

2. Scenestealer

Out Status:
    A few people
    I sing from traditional to post hardcore. I'm quite competitive when it comes to my a capella group, uncommon time, and have been in a few bands. If you need any male vocals I'm your man.

3. I was part of an acapella group but I ended up being the only tenor which was an absolute pain :frowning2: also I'm looking for some good vocalists to do some vocals for a few tracks soon so if anyone's up for that it'd be great. Also, do you have any music to listen to online?

4. Scenestealer

Out Status:
    A few people
    No I'll have some up soon though. I'm a bass with quite a range. Anything you want me to sing? I haven't been able to decide what to record.

5. Well just sing whatever you love; I could suggest anything but you might hate it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. PianoNate

Just as a reminder ... no posting direct links to youtube or anything with identifying names/locations of any members.

otherwise, I make classical music! am going to be doing a violin/piano Beethoven sonata for a recital this spring ... my first time ever making music with someone else! As an aside, I asked the violinist if he wanted to make love before or after our first practice to make sure our sounds meshed well .... he, as a straight man, was unamused ... I pmsl @ his expression though!

7. PawsUp456

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm getting interested in making music myself. I do have a soundcloud account....but I can't post it on here :/ oh well. I play the piano and violin. I actually am making music for this video game my friends are making....it should be interesting!

8. Scenestealer

Out Status:
    A few people
    Suggest something. I love violin, my best friend plays.

9. Yes.. that was just a test! Of course, you must not link anything! That's kind of disappointing, but oh well, not the of the world.

PianoNate, which sonata are you doing? Love Appassionata but I have barely heard any Beethoven. I'm a pianist but I only ever performed film music (John Williams & some Japanese composers)

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2013 at 03:40 AM ----------

Yeah bit of a pain that, but you can send it as a personal message right? Do that, I'd love to hear it! Also indie game soundtracks are probably a good place to start out; not too much pressure and loads of fun, plus working for friends can be great. I knew a guy that wrote soundracks to some of the big mobile games and he made a ton of money out of it too

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2013 at 03:41 AM ----------

I'd like to hear more Latch covers (like the Kodaline one), but maybe not fantastic for bass. Also, Misty Mountains. That.

10. Snowfall

I play power electronics in my solo stuff and metal with my bands :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I play drums in one band and sing in the other :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. What is this 'power electronics' you speak of?

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2013 at 02:52 PM ----------

Also, I used to be a drummer; that was fun. The kit was out in the garage though, which took about a minute to get to, which I was far too lazy to bother with, so I opted for a keyboard

12. Mai Hasegawa

I make music with lyrics somewhere between industrial and darkwave. Tricky stuff, considering my voice did change quite a lot over the last five years or so. Should have sticked to instrumentals ;D

13. JustARaconteur

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't share our YouTube and MySpace pages, but I am from a musical family who is known in our area. I can play five different instruments, I write songs, and I sing. Currently I am the bassist, back-up singer, and main songwriter in a hard rock band. We do a mixture of original and cover material from Metallica to Hollywood Undead. Our original stuff is more hard, southern metal type stuff like Pantera and Corrosion of Conformity.

14. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Guest

I sing and write music. Music is my life. I've recorded a little but I mostly write stuff and then just keep it to myself. Usually just because I'm scared of the criticism out there.

15. PianoNate

I'm playing the violin/piano sonata op12no3. It's pretty sweet, the slow movement is epic! In other solo news, I'm doing Liszt etudes, a Mozart sonata, some Chopin etudes and the Liebermann Gargoyles! youtube the liebermann if you 've never heard it ... wow! especially the 3rd and 4th movements

16. I have to admit I'm really not much of a fan of Chopin or Mozart either - I like contemporary classical, but nothing too 'modern', if you know what I mean. I quite like Wagner, Dvořák and Schubert but that's it for Romantics really.

17. unknownjourney

I do ! but its mostly with falsetto vocals. Hate to say this...but my category might belong to the indie genre

Sorry not sorry :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. By falsetto/indie are you implying Bon Iver covers?

19. unknownjourney

You can say that , but my stuff doesn't sound like his . I listen to him , he's an inspiration but I like to mix it up :grin: haha

20. Suffocation

no, i don't. but i will in the future :slight_smile: