1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to find a cheap la...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by mark4444, Mar 11, 2008.

1. mark4444

mark4444 Guest

where to find a cheap laptop for sale with a touch screen cause i am sick and tired of a desktop computer.

2. panda

3. sdc91

If you don't mind refurbished, you can get them pretty cheap (hundreds off MSRP) from the factory outlets online.

They may be outdated models or refurbished, but they're guaranteed to work, have a cheap price tag, and come with a warranty in some cases.

4. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I doubt you'd find a cheap used touchscreen (like a tablet) but I guess it depends on how you define cheap.

Personally I prefer to seek out local used deals through online classifieds, "craigslist, freecycle", etc. Then you can see the goods in person and you save on shipping, and frequently the seller saves on Ebay and paypal fees.

Though if you're willing to spend more than a couple hundred dollars you can buy a new laptop.

5. Steam Giant

As a general rule, laptops are more expensive than desktops with a fraction of their potential. Comparing prices on my own, I found that I could build a very advanced desktop computer for the price of the most basic laptop style availible.

I'm sorry I don't have much advice, and frankly I'm sick of desktops too, but really, if you want a machine you can be proud of without spending a fortune, desktops are the way to go.

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I agree with Dan. If you will be using it in just one place then a desktop PC is a better choice for the money. With a flat panel display and a compact keyboard it won't take much desk space, and you can put the box on the floor out of the way.

For comparable spec a laptop is nearly twice the cost of a desktop.

If you just want a PC for internet, email and word processing etc then a basic laptop or desktop, the sort of thing that supermarkets etc have on special offer, will do the job. If you are into gaming, video editing, photo editing (photoshop) etc though, you'll need to look at the spec more carefully and choose something suitable. You'll get more for your money with a desktop.

By the way, laptops do not have touch screens. There may be a few available but they are more likely to be for the industrial market so seriously expensive. Laptops usually have a touchpad, though some have a "stick" in the middle of the keyboard. Neither is as easy to use as a mouse, so get a reasonable USB optical mouse and use that when you're at a desk.