1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underground Dance music

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RavioliFaceMan, Feb 18, 2013.

1. One preconception that I sometimes I can't help making is that a lot of LGBT people seem to quite like pop music (especially female vocalists like Beyonce), but of course I'm aware that it isn't always the case. I've never actually met or even spoken to an LGBT that is into underground dance music (like techno, anything on the house spectrum, dubstep-kinda-stuff, jungle/dnb, bass etc). Just wondering, 'cause I'd be pleased if even one person here did. :slight_smile:

2. Snowfall

I like everything from cheesy disco to hard bass stuff,I adore dnb and jungle stuff :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: i love pretty much every kind of music man :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Yeah I must say I can appreciate any kind of music at all! I do particularly love jungle though - who are your favourite jungle producers?
    I've released a few records on a label based in Glasgow and Edinburgh, and my Mum lives in Perth - love Scotland :-D

4. Harve

I like a fair bit but it's more borne out of my love for Electronic music in general... Flosstradamus, John Talabot, Mount Kimbie are all awesome. Orbital/TNGHT/Rustie aren't exactly underground, but they're incredible too. And there's the stuff that you'd never hear in clubs because it's dance music that isn't really designed for, well, dancing: Pantha Du Prince, Holy Other and Forest Swords, amongst others.

A lot of my friends prefer going to clubs that play chart stuff, but I find I have to be pretty drunk to really enjoy that. Living in Glasgow is amazing.

5. soc2cergir3l

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm started 2 listen to a lot more Electronic music b/c it iz quite interestin and pretty incredible :slight_smile:

6. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

It's my favourite genre! I love club/dance music! My favourite genre is heavy electronica which isn't really that mainstream. Think Skrillex sounding music and that's my fave genre