1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Bang Theory.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SupremeEmperor, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Who else watches this show? I love it (and hope it's the first step in bringing intelligence back to America). And it's interesting to note that Jim Parsons (who plays Sheldon) is gay.

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I don't get it, honestly. From what episodes of the show I've seen, it seems to me to be just run-of-the-mill sitcom humor with intelligent characters (which is far from the same thing as intelligent humor). I've seen a few jokes I liked, like the one about mint-in-box action figures and virginity, but overall, I don't see what makes the show special over other sitcoms.

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's any funnier than, say, Two and a Half Men.
    It makes fun of intelligent/nerdy people and Sheldon's Aspergers.
    I just don't care for it at all.

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah I love the big bang theory, one of my favourite shows. Even if the humor isn't particularly intelligent, the show brings up a lot of interesting and intellectual matters and theories, and if you're someone like me who likes to google things you hear and don't know, then it's pretty educational.

I challenge you to find something that isn't being made fun of currently :lol:

All the best.

5. falsereading

falsereading Guest

Personally I think it is awful and don't find it funny (oddly enough my dad does?). Jim Parsons coming out hardly shocked me either.

6. Cthulhu

Well, both shows were co-created by some of the men heavily involved in the creation and production of Two and a Half Men, so similarities in style of humor should be expected.

I tried watching a few episodes of BBT (my colleagues won't stop talking about how funny it is). I agree, it's just like some run-of-the-mill sitcom, which I'm rarely a fan of.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally find it the funniest show on TV aside from Family Guy and such. But to me it beats 2 1/2 Men, etc. I think the issue is it still uses jokes not everyone gets but if you do get them all, it becomes the funniest thing ever. I'll watch episodes I've seen fifty times, still notice jokes I didn't notice before but I'll be laughing my ass off every episode.

8. BiWidow

I just love BBT! I like the more intelligent humour on the series. It's an acquired taste but I really enjoy it. I never was a fan of Family Guy or Two and a Half Men.

9. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just to keep it simple: Bazinga!
    I <3 Sheldon!

10. *knock knock knock*

Penny.

*knock knock knock*

Penny.

Yes, I love the Big Bang Theory.

11. Shiny Espeon

*knock knock knock*

Penny.

(you forgot one.) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But yes, best sitcom on TV right now. :slight_smile:

12. Nope can't stand it for more than 5 minutes.

13. vyvance

Favorite sitcom.

14. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Love it. :slight_smile: I especially find the 'relationship'/friendship between Howard and Raj one of the funniest (and at times cutest) things on the show. Also, Bernadette is adorable. In general, though, I find the chemistry between the main cast is the major thing that keeps me watching. It's so good. Everybody, even with their individual different types of humor, just seems to go so well together as a cast - and you could actually believe the fact that they're truly friends outside the show, if they really are. I find that kind of rare on TV shows, which I still don't watch much of nowadays. TBBT is one of the exceptions.

#15 Thieves, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  15. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haha that show cracks me up :lol:

16. leer

soft kitty
    warm kitty
    little ball of fur
    happy kitty
    sleepy kitty
    purr purr purr
    (!)(!):eusa_danc:eusa_danc
    :roflmao:

17. i watch it when i can. :grin:

18. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I agree that some of the jokes are lame, and a 5th grader could understand nearly all of the humour involved, but I still enjoy it regardless. Sometimes Sheldon can really irritate me with his odd characteristics and some of the downright awkward things he says, but I like him as an actor. But all of them seem to have great chemistry in the show and they do make a good cast, I will give them that.

Also, oddly... I've been told that I look like a female version of Leonard whenever I wear my glasses. My own friend said that. I don't know if that's a compliment or not. :icon_conf

#19 Oddish, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
  19. CTJ

CTJ

I love Big Bang! I've tried showing it to my parents and i just get funny looks as i sing along word perfect to the intro and piss myself over the jokes. I think they're more disappointed in how much of a nerd i am than they will ever be over me being gay haha.