1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painful Movies/Movies You Walked Out On

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Cthulhu, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Cthulhu

What are some movies that were so painful to watch, so obnoxious, that either sitting through the whole thing was torture or you had enough and walked out on it?

Two such films for me were:

- Tank Girl: What was right with this film? Everything about it was painful to sit through, at least half the film I sat through before changing the channel.
    - Shark Tale: This is the only film to date that I walked out of the theatre on (why I watched this in theatre, I don't know). Horrible characters, painful pop culture "jokes", annoying voice from Jack Black, stupid/cliche story, etc. :***:

2. therunawaybff

This isn't exactly what you mean, but that new movie The Impossible with Naomi Watts (about the Boxing Day Tsunami) is almost too intense to sit through. I was hiding my eyes through half the movie.

3. x Wallflower x

The twilight saga i'm ashamed to say i used to like the books when they first came out and i had a weird thing where i'd watch the movies when they were released just to see if they got better (they didn't) although i never payed to see them thank god i just borrowed the dvds.

4. nikom87

I walked out of both Mirrors and Made of Honor (I should have known better with the last one; I don't like romantic comedies). I love horror, but I thought Mirrors was a serious fail.

5. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I've never walked out on a movie at a movie theatre, but when watching with a roommate, we had decided to watch Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, I hated that movie, never finished it and never want to see it again, i think i lasted a half hour. :/

6. BiWidow

Never walked out of a theater but couldn't watch "I Love You, Man". The movie was so vulgar and just stupid.

7. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I walked out on Stranger Than Fiction. I love Will Ferrell, but this movie just wasn't doing it for me. So I walked out of this one, and into The Santa Claus 3, which was pretty cheesy, but I still enjoyed it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Agreed. Even though I love the comics, the movie didn't do justice. Fucking terrible (and I don't understand why everyone enjoyed it - though the actress who played Ramona was cute. She was the only decent thing throughout that whole film).

I almost had to walk out when my family and I went to go see the remake of "The Woman in Black" with Daniel Radcliffe. Good blimey lord was that movie fucking stupid. Full of jump scares, maybe one or two 'interesting' parts - just fairly stupid. The ending was sad, but stupid, too. Hahaha, it takes a lot for a horror film to impress me.

9. Ridiculous

I was fighting to stay awake during Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland... not sure how much I missed but what I saw wasn't very good.

10. Tim

Tim

Never walked out on a movie.

But I've only seen like, 5-6 movies in the theater. xD

11. PillsHere

Inglorius Basterds.
    I love Tarantino movies. And I can enjoy plot and story progression but this movie just took too damn long making them. I walked out about the dinner scene. The talking scenes were way too tedious. There was no reason each social-interaction scenes needed to be around 30 minutes long a piece.

12. FemCasanova

Warning: possibly offensive and icky, and triggering

Svidd Neger (translated to english: Burned Negro. It`s probably offensive in English to use Negro, but the Norwegian variant is the same thing, they`re both offensive terms and it`s an offensive as hell movie).

It was a disgusting movie, with incest, racism, etc. We saw it in class, and I ended up getting off my chair and leaving the classroom. When the teacher tried to tell me to get back in there, I flatly refused, said I was going to be sick and call my mother if he forced me to watch it. I also held a long speech about how it was not age appropriate (I was 15 though) so he left me alone.

God, I hated that movie. Only saw 20 minutes of it, but in that period they showed a drowned dark-skinned corpse, masturbation while taking a number two, incest, etc

#12 FemCasanova, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  13. CinePhys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Valhalla Rising. Good cast (The same guy who played the bad guy from Cassino Royale) but...just what the :***: Stopped half way through to do something else, never saw the end of it.

14. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never walked out of a movie even when me and a few guy friends (back in my former life) went to watch The Producers, unbeknownst to us it was a musical....enjoyed it anyway and stopped my friend leaving lol.

I did however, after over an hour of "omg why am I watching this still?" and sat there completely unstimulated, switch off the Expendables. First time in my life to do that; I will always, always watch a film to its conclusion but my days I coupd not finish that. Too painful!:eusa_doh::bang::eusa_naug

15. Kinjas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love Cameron Diaz but the worst movie she acted in was THE BOX

16. CTJ

CTJ

I've never walked out after paying for the cinema, but i once went on a double date to see 'Hitch' at the cinema. The Will Smith film where he helps someone find a girlfriend or something, i'm not entirely sure. It is the only film i have ever fell asleep in the cinema to, i got a slap for snoring haha.

17. the human centipede nearly made me vom. soooo. id say that was intense i walked out the room :lol:

and i can watch anything lol. just not that

18. Steelers91

INGLORIOUS BASTARDS. No I am sorry this movie was awful, impressively awful. I love war movies, so when I saw the trailer for Inglorious Bastards my buddy and I were stoked. We went to the theatre the first day it came out, and waited in line to get into it. The movie made no damn sense, there was one battle scene, that you couldn't tell what the hell was going on because that damn camera kept changing angles every quarter second. I'm ok with subtitles, within reason, but when the subtitles have nothing to do with the "plot" and is just a bunch of ramblings that Quentin Tarantino considers "deep" than it might as well of read f*** you over and over. What pissed me off the most was the ending, I'm sorry but when you are depicting historical events you must follow what actually happened, who the hell does Quentin Tarantino think he is that he gets to kill Hitler? No you don't get to kill Hitler, of course you want to but that’s not how it works. In "Saving Private Ryan" they saved private Ryan, they didn't save private Ryan while, killing Hitler, curing cancer, bringing democracy to Cuba and taming Rodan. Man alive I hate that movie.

19. Niko

Uhhh I think, if I remember correctly it was Last House on the Left. It was the uncut version or something like that. There was this really bad rape seen so my mom turned it off...never saw it since.
    But usually I watch whatever movie I'm seeing all the way through. xD

20. alex1170

the shining