1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Books About LGBT Teens

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by wilkysarah1, Feb 24, 2013.

1. wilkysarah1

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I just read the best book I've ever read, The Miseducation of Cameron Post. It's about a girl who has guessed she's lesbian since she was 12, and is growing up in a pretty conservative Christian environment. As soon as her aunt discovers her niece's 'sinful desires', she sends her niece away to a Christian boarding school for other teens sinning in the same way. Anywayyyy I was thinking people could post books they've read about LGBT teens and tell a little bit about them, not like a whole summary or anything, just a few sentences that describe the book or whatever. I just thought this might be a nice idea because reading about Cameron Post has made me more confident and stuff and I guess it might help other people, too...

2. Rivers

I've actually read more than a few LGBT books. Here are three I like:

"Boy Meets Boy" by David Levithan (About a gay boy)
    "The Difference Between You and Me" by Madeleine George
    "Empress of the World" by Sara Ryan

3. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Marbury Lens was s psychological/fantasy thriller, but ended up having homosexual undertones with the both the main characters ended up being gay. It's one of my favorites, you should try it!

4. Marvel

Suicide Notes - about some kid named Jeff who tries to commit suicide after a relatively traumatizing incident involving his sexuality.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are probably some in this thread.