1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RuPaul's Drag Race

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by TestingitOut, Feb 26, 2013.

1. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone watch RuPaul's Drag Race? Who are your favorite Queens? Any predictions for this season?

Mine have been:

[​IMG]
    Raja

[​IMG]
    JuJu Bee

[​IMG]
    Sharon Needles

[​IMG]
    Nina Flowers

For this season, right now I like Roxxxy and Alaska. But no favorite favorite like Ive had before in past seasons.

2. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This season is all about Rolaskatox for me.
    I like Jade Jolie as well, but Roxxxy is my favorite to win.

I have only seen half of Season 1, Season 4, All Stars, and the current episodes of Season 5 so I don't know all the queens but overall I think my favorite of all time is Jujubee. Gotta watch her season next.

3. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I love Raja <3 <3 She's so stunning. Jujubee is awesome <3 Sharon Needles is my favorite out of all the queens. She has my kind of style: weird and spooky. I'm also fond of Pandora Box and Manila Luzon.

This season I love Jinx Monsoon, another odd ball. Her Little Edie was perfect. Jade Jolie is just adorable. <3 Ivy Winters is really pretty in and out of drag. In fact out of drag he looks like a stem lesbian of sorts. I love his style, too.

Who do you think will be in the top 4?

4. Minx

Raja, jujube, manilla, latrice. :slight_smile:

This season hmm.

Detox, Alaska, Jinx (we rhyme!) :lol:

Roxxy is on my nerves atm. :dry: but if he cuts the ego, he'll be back up with the others. Maybe Jade. :confused:

5. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I forgot about Jinx, I like her a lot too, shes growing on me. Roxxxy's bad attitude is the only thing that makes her not a clear favorite for me. I kind of feel like the winner should be above the drama. I go back and forth with Jade and Coco.. sometimes I like them, sometimes I dont. Alaska is probably my favorite, but I dont see RuPaul picking her as the winner. I didnt have high expectations of her at first, but she's definitely won me over.

I predict top 4 will be Roxxxy, Alaska, either Jinx or Jade, and maybe Detox. But I'm awful at predictions lol. I think the final two will definitely have Roxxxy in it, but I cant really say who else I think RuPaul would go for at this point.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jade or Ivy is going next. Then Jinkx or Coco. Then after that...not sure. The reason I say this is based on the outfits of the queens shown in both Untucked and in the first episode opening sequence. I'll post this next thing in spoilers just in case anyone doesn't want to be spoiled or hear what I have to say.

7. codys12345

codys12345 Guest

Its just me but I don't like transgender people. I don't think that they are weird or anything but it sort of bothers me. I don't mean to hate and I respect them.

8. PleaseHelp

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Let me say, that even from a transgender point of view I totally get what you're saying. As much as people like to believe, being trans is not the norm. Thts why I'm going stealth after I transition

9. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I watched all stars with a friend and had a lot of fun with it all the way through~ haven't seen any of the other seasons so far though

10. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't found Season 1 yet, but I hope I do soon. Right now Season 5 speaking, I'm Team Jinkx Monsoon. She's proving to be one of my all-time favorite queens and I got a feeling she'll be in the Top 3.

Another reason why Jinkx has won a place in my heart.

[​IMG]

#10 Daydreamer1, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  11. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know Im not the only one still watching this show!

I totally called the top four... let me just put that out there! But my opinions have changed a lot since I first made this thread. I still love Roxxxy on the runway, but that girl is nasty offstage. Not into that at all. Alaska is my total favorite. I want to like Jinx really badly, but something keeps holding me back. Detox was fun but I dont question RuPaul's decision.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know why you're held back. when Jinkx made the top three I was ECSTATIC! I hope it's Jinkx vs Alaska for top two final lip sync because it totally deserves to be those two. I mean anyone else happy though that Alaska made it? I mean it's Sharon's boyfriend but she's made her own way to this point which I completely commend her for it. Roxxxy though has to go. Her style is flawless on stage (though I'm ready to rip every "reveal" outfit to shreds because if she opens up one more "cape" to reveal an outfit underneath I'm going to hurt someone. But her outfits are still gorgeous. But personality wise Jinkx and Alaska are just amazing and I will be happy no matter which one of those two wins.

Also, anyone else SO happy Rolaskatox is completely no more? Though I still wish it had been the Ro part gone but I knew soon as it said Sugar Ball and the description on Wikipedia said "candy couture" I said "Roxxxy's going to get it" luckily she didn't win but still knew she'd make the top three.

13. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah Im glad they broke up Rolaskatox too. I get having friends, but it was very cliquey and Alaska seemed over it almost as soon as it started. I want her to win.

I feel for Jinx, I think shes proved a lot to everyone, shes an underdog so I relate with her a bit. I just dont like her style. I cringe at a lot of her outfits, im sort of with Michelle Visage on Jinx. I mean she killed it in that lip sync, and shes done a lot of good in the competition. I like how she treated her gay veteran with a lot of empathy and understanding in the previous episode. Even still, I just dont see her as winning. BUT RuPaul has surprised me before (still in shock that Nina Flowers didnt win lol)

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Started watching the current season shortly after that last post... been keeping up with it ever since =o and I'm currently rooting for Jinkx as well :slight_smile: she seems to have such a genuinely sweet and delightful personality. Alaska's easily my second choice in case she doesn't make it; I can't stand for Roxxxy to win no matter how glamorous she looks on stage, just tired of her attitude by now. She can be the next to go =D

15. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

I LOVE Jinkx! She's beautiful inside and out, creative, and extremely talented. I love watching her act and I love that she can sing live. (And her lip sync is awesome!)

Roxxxy was seriously pissing me off the way she endlessly bullied Jinkx this week. She's such an insecure asshole. So basically Jinkx is a bitch for not being smug and bitchy and conceited and loud? I love Jinkx like how I loved Sharon Needles in S4. Weird Queens are everything to me. I relate to them more as people. The way they get treated by the more "popular/mainstream" queens never surprises me, but still angers me to no end because it just reminds me of being trapped with girls like them in school. But of course the weird ones always end up being the good cool ones too, while of course, the unnecessarily rude bitches are like Roxxy, loud popular mean girls that are too full of themselves for their own good. That puppet show in the mini challenge, girl did the most and nobody was asking for all that. Why people like Roxxxy act like that, why do they lash out? Insecurity definitely jumps to mind, but I always think "you can be insecure without being a bully, so why go that extra mile?" Now that I think about it again, no fucks are given. And definitely fuck that little "From you I learned to always be myself" bullshit. That's what annoys me most with people like her. They bully you, try to make you feel small and crappy and if you have the nerve to argue back, they act even more justified in attacking you. Then all of a sudden for a second they "grace" you with some niceness and you're supposed to be grateful for it. If Jinkx had rolled her eyes and really been rude, Rooxxy would have acted all indignant. Indignant? Bitch bye. You know what I'm over? You! ....Okay, okay, I'm calm.

Anyway, when peoople like Roxxxy fail and feel stupid their over-inflated little ego gets an owwy and they take it out on the weirdo who they assumed would do worse than them but actually ended up doing better. Roxxxy needs to get over herself. My bullies hated when I did good in things they sucked at. Like they can't stand to see someone they look down on do better than them, like it's more of an insult than if someone else does great, too. No one tells them to underestimate and assume shit about people based on superficial crap, so it's their own faults they end up "hurt."

I am so Team Jinkx and I am so glad that after all that shit Rox was talking the bitch was eating all of it because her darling Detox got sent dafuq home. I hope Jinkx sends her packing too and she can lick her wounds at home while not being America's Next Drag Superstar.

:lol: To say this episode got me worked up is a bit of an understatement. But anyway, yay Jinkx!

P.S. -Have you all watched the mini documentaries featuring Jinkx Monsoon on Youtube? One is before Drag Race and the others are after. Check them out, really enjoyable and hinty.

P.S.S- Coco annoyed the hell out of me. She was one of those people that made everything so...dire and needed everyone pat her on the head and treat everything dire with her. "I am very angry, very angry." Ugh, oh girl, just have a damn cocktail. When you do good you love everything and clock the hell out of everyone else, but when you do bad it's like "how could they say those things about meee? Oh, thee audacity! Her or her I understand but how dare they give meeee critics on a competition show no less?" :rolle: Girl.

---------- Post added 16th Apr 2013 at 09:07 AM ----------

Alaska's my second choice, too, no doubt about it. If Jinkx doesn't get it, I hope Alaska does.

16. Eatthechildren

that might be something you want to work on

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If Roxxxy gets the win...I'll stop watching (I totally won't but I'll still be annoyed like I was when Raven lost to Tyra Sanchez, one of the dumbest decisions ever made by RuPaul.

18. saggitarius91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For season five, I'm rooting for either Jinx (my fav!) or Alaska. Roxxxy isn't as much fun to watch as the other two.

My favorite queens in drag race herstory are Raja, Manila Luzon, Jujubee, Raven, Yara Sofia, and Latrice Royale--oh and of course, Willam! :slight_smile:

#18 saggitarius91, Apr 18, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  19. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to Monsoon Season!

20. Ben

Ben

Bring back Jiggly Caliente and Ongina!!!!