1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oscars

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by dreamcatcher, Feb 26, 2013.

1. dreamcatcher

I don't see a thread about this anywhere so I feel that I have to make one now. Anyone watch the oscars? What did you guys think about seth macfarlane as host? Also, you guys happy with the winners?

2. kylo

I got home from work just in time to see Jennifer Lawrence win. And thought Daniel Day Lewis deserved it for his role in Lincoln. Other than those two I missed the whole show.

3. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I watched it. I thought MacFarlane was OK. Infinitely better than Billy Crystal, but that's a low bar.

I wish Django Unchained had won Best Picture...since it was the only nominee I had seen.

4. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I watched the Oscars, I was very excited because it was the very first one that I watched. I thought Seth MacFarlane was a pretty good host, besides some really stupid jokes.

Almost all of the awards went to the people that I hoped they would go to, very happy that Jennifer Lawrence, Anne Hathaway and Daniel Day-Lewis won. Although, I do wish that Silver Linings Playbook won the best movie award.

5. FemCasanova

Wish the Norwegian movie had won. Other than that, there wasn`t much I had seen, or was engaged in, so I did not care that much this time.

The Oscars feel a bit like unfair game, but not because the Norwegian movie did not win, it wasn`t THAT good, rofl! Mostly because whenever there`s a popular choice, or an outstanding quality choice, the popular choice always win, there was something I was very disappointed over last year, where I didn`t feel most of the winners actually deserved it compared to whom they were competing against.

6. dreamcatcher

I was so happy that Jennifer Lawrence won too! She's so wonderful! (And very hot I might add :wink: ) I'm not surprised that a lot of the same movies won over and over again. That always happens in the Oscars. I thought some of Macfarlane's jokes where lame but others were hilarious. He kept me entertained unlike a lot of Oscar's hosts. I don't know if this is bad or not... but I loved the boobs song :lol: