1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

George Lucas Offers Peek at New Star Wars Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by tehnathan, Mar 15, 2008.

1. tehnathan

By DAVID GERMAIN – 1 day ago

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Fans never seem to get their fill of "Star Wars," and George Lucas is happy to oblige.

Lucas offered a glimpse into the latest creation in his sci-fi universe at the theater-owners convention ShoWest on Thursday, showing a sequence from "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," a computer-animated movie due in theaters Aug. 15. It will be followed by a TV series of the same name, to air on the Cartoon Network and TNT this fall.

The movie came about as an afterthought while Lucas was developing an animated TV show of the same name. That show debuts this fall, but Lucas figured it was ripe for big-screen treatment, too.

clicky for the rest

2. CaptainTrips

STAR WARS GEEK OUT!!!!!(!)

but, wasn't there already an animated "Clone Wars" series? it ended just about where Episode III picked up. I don't know if it counts as "computer animated" though, it was more cartoon-y. i'm not sure how a computer animated style would suit the universe.

i'm just sort of confused as to how all this fits in with the other Clone Wars cartoon....

3. Red87

As a HUGE star wars nerd, I'm so looking forward to this.

4. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never really liked star wars. :astonished: The phantom menace was good, but all eyes mainly on Ewan McGregor. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Mick

Mick Guest

I thought there would never be another Star Wars movie ever! I dunno if I'm going to see this one. I saw all the others. I know I won't be watching the TV series, since I rarely watch TV and watch only one TV show.

6. mike_n_herrin

yes there was an animated series! it was cartoon though not computer. i think it's kinda silly even though i love star wars. :starwars: maybe it wont be as bad as the next trek movie. opps did i type that out loud. :wink:

ps. sorry for hijack, but tehnathan are those daleks chasing those kittens?!

7. tehnathan