1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Techno Fans

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by doglover44, Feb 28, 2013.

1. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

Anyone here into techno music ?

2. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only techno acts I'm really into are The Field and The Knife, and even those I'm not sure are properly techno in its truest sense...

3. timo

Does minimal techno count?

4. No, they're sort of electro, not techno. Techno is actually quite strictly defined, moreso than most electronic music genres. I love techno, particularly quite warehousy, noisy. industrial stuff like Blawan and Randomer. Amazing percussion.

#4 RavioliFaceMan, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2013
  5. Harve

Yes.

[YOUTUBE]d5vGjCoQM1s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]g1TFmq8nCOA[/YOUTUBE]

Two of the most beautiful tracks I've ever heard.

6. starfish

I am convinced that there is only 1 techno song, and that it just never ends.

7. Again, these aren't techno. They're really chilled out deep house - you might also call it ambient house? Although that's not strictly a thing. I know genres aren't really important, just interested to see if anyone here actually does like techno.

8. Ticklish Fish

I listen to trance ish techno... but i forget which artists/DJ does that in my list lol

9. Harve

I suppose you're right with Orbital, but no way is Pantha Du Prince deep house, even if his sound isn't quite as industrial as other (older) techno artists. I find that most electronic music ends up quite similar to house once you take away its treble and mid-range, but I'm no purist.

[YOUTUBE]7A7YF9fZNBg[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty sure this is some form of Techno.

#9 Harve, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  10. Nope, I thought Pantha Du Prince was more house than orbital. Orbital is more sort of European 'electronic', as they like to call themselves. I can see why you'd think so now though; the percussion is quite minimal, but the general rule is that if there's any kind of melodic content, such as the pad in this track, it's not techno. Also, don't know what you mean about taking treble and mids away to make house; that's not true at all. Most house (anything that derived from Chicago) has pretty piercing hats and whatnot, and obviously vocals and pads are common enough. So yeah, really can't see where that's coming from.