1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paul McCartney vs Heather Mills divorce

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Paul_UK, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I'm sure many of us already thought Heather Mills was a gold-digger. I am currently reading the full report on their divorce proceedings which really confirms that. They judge is highly scathing of her testimony and claims. She failed to provide evidence to back many of her claims. It's quite entertaining reading!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/18_03_08_mccartney_mills.pdf

It's 58 pages, though if you just read the first few you'll see what I mean. Comments like this....

Ouch!

There's a summary news story here too.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7302736.stm

No wonder Heather didn't want this released. The newspapers will have great fun with this over the next few days!

2. panda

She still got 48 million !!!!!

3. BreakingGlass

I just read that gold-digger dumped water on Paul's lawyer after the settlement was reached!!!

4. neverover

are they the uk version of "britney & k-fed"?

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Paul McCartney was one member of The Beatles who were huge in the 60s, then Wings in the 70s, and also made records solo. So he, or perhaps was, a huge star and is worth hundreds of million pounds.

Heather Mills is a model etc who met him, married him, had a child by him, divorced him in less than 4 years and was trying to claim vast amounts of his wealth. A gold-digger.

If you read the judgement in detail you will see that most of the money is for the benefit of their child (who is, after all, the child of Paul McCartney) rather than for her. Some of that 48 million is in property from the marriage that she already owns such as houses, and is not money Paul has to pay her now.

Some of it is the ongoing cost of things Paul will be paying directly for his daughter, such as school fees, security and a nanny, where Heather will never see the money. This is what he would pay if they were still together.

Yes, we are talking about vast amounts of money however you look at it. But if you read the judgement document in full (which does take a while at 58 pages) it is clear how the figures were arrived at.

6. neverover

dont worry paul, i know who paul mccartney is:slight_smile:. thank god im not a closed minded person whos just listened to britney. what i mean is, is their divorce is as highly published as britney in US?

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't know how much Britney's divorce was published etc in the USA, but Paul and Heather have had a reasonable amount of publicity (which they probably don't want) over this. It seemed to be reported when there was nothing more important going on that day!

I was expecting the newspapers to cover it quite a lot yesterday, but the two that were most likely to had to print front-page apologies regarding Madeleine McCane instead.

8. interstella

heather mills is a total gold-digging whore. sorry for the language, i just had to say that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't think anyone will disagree with you...... other than Heather herself!

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Hmm... Not really sure what to say about her. I wouldn't think, from what i've read, that she's too mentally stable. She seems to create unwarranted self importance and expect that her unreasonable demands should be easy to obtain. The judge should have ordered her into some kind of mental clinic. I can just imagine it being on the news that she steals their daughter 'Bea' and runs off to some part of eastern Europe. Would it surprise you?

11. Bader

Bader Guest

She's not nice!

#11 Bader, Mar 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2008