1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The korean movie "Don't Cry Mommy"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by anthonythegamer, Mar 3, 2013.

1. It's pretty much about a girl who got gang raped by 3 guys and since they were minors, the law couldn't prosecute them. Then the girl killed herself since she couldn't handle the trauma and her mom sets out to make the three rapists' lives a living hell.

It's not a scary movie. It just makes your adrenaline skyrocket.

If you feel like wanting to know my full name, you could scroll down in the link :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Don't Cry Mommy (Main Trailer - English Subs) - YouTube

Everyone should watch the link I provided. You will never regret it! :grin:

#1 anthonythegamer, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2013
  2. DeanIsHome

Ooooo That sounds like that one Korean movie i watched about a school for disabled children who were getting sexually abused. P.S it's based off a true story

3. GingerGuy

I'm pretty sure that in my country sex crimes are 10 times more common than in Korea, yet they rarely get media coverage, and when they do, it's because they happened to an upper middle class child. I like Korean cinema, but, oh well, can't they make some happy films once in a while?

4. DeanIsHome

Hey they have quite a bit of happy films and drama's especially romantic comedies!

5. It's sad how minors could get away with crimes like that. Instead of prison, they just get a slap on the wrist.

But the twist is that, the mom in Don't Cry Mommy is a vengeful person.

---------- Post added 3rd Mar 2013 at 12:35 PM ----------

Yeah! The comedy films and dramas from Korea are pretty funny :slight_smile: Good examples are "3 dads and 1 mom" and "Hello My Lady"

6. GingerGuy

It's not really an original story, if you ask me. There have been movies from all over the world with similar plot lines, such as last house on the left (US) confessions (Japan) and even other films from South Korea. Have any of you heard of Mother and Poetry? They are two excellent Korean films dealing with similar subjects, but their stories spin on completely different directions. I have the DVD of mother at home and have seen it 4 times so far.

I would really like to see silenced( the film about the school where the children are abused) though. It sucks not being Asian and thus not having access to it.

7. I've heard about confession.

The point of this movie was to educate many people that minors shouldn't get away with all the crimes they commit.