1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Think before you open your mouth.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GayforGuys, Mar 6, 2013.

1. GayforGuys

This is a nice little website I came across, basically takes note of how often; Faggot, Dyke, That's So Gay, No Homo, are all used on twitter.

NoHomophobes.com

Definitively puts into perspective how little some people think before sharing something. Some of the things shared seriously make you question some people's thought process! :dry:

(Apologies if this has been posted already, didn't come across it)

2. Nyanko

Wow...I can't even finish reading one before a million start popping up! That's horrible. :\

3. Ianthe

Ok, it's really disturbing to watch the numbers for "faggot" keep going up.

4. 4ever Hearth

Yeah I think I find that one most disturbing as well as Dyke since there are probably of couple of gay guys and lesbians, under the guise of being cool, using the word like it doesn't hurt like hell to see that dumb, ignorant shit posted all over the fucking place. :tantrum:

5. Horrible. Not that I ever considered Twitter the moral and intellectual high point of the human race. But still...

6. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Interesting, luckily I've yet to see anyone I follow using words like that but for the most part they're pretty professional about what they post.

Looking at the tweets being posted below the numbers for the most part it's a mix of legitimate homophobic remarks and people just using the words as slang to be cool. Still, former is pretty 'blech'.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, I think you use a bit too much understatement here. It helps to think of Twitter as the dregs of humanity who would not be listened to elsewhere.