1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Human

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RavioliFaceMan, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Boredly, I started watching Being Human. I'm just into the second series and it's still pretty poo. Does it get better, or should I give up now?

2. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I havent watched it... It sounds like itd be interesting though... What are you not liking about it?

Mankind Decoded is awesome, btw... If youre looking for good human doc series.

3. Being Human is about a vampire, a ghost and a werewolf trying to be 'humane', and separate their ties to the monster world, so.. yeah. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: not really a human doc series! Unless of course you mean a different Being Human, in which case I apologise for being vague!

I just don't like it because the story is uninspiring, full of all the usual plot holes you get in these poorly-thought out 'fashion' series, and the acting is seriously awful. The character development is pretty awful too - one character is meant to be 'arrogant', but I had no idea that this was even implied until another character stated it explicitly later in the series. Also, one 'sassy' character that I liked, upon becoming a werewolf, completely loses her character and becomes the least interesting of the lot.

4. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh haha, nevermind. Ive never seen that show. I was thinking Becoming Human! so anyway......

5. IMO UK > US.

And the the first two series were just okay (mostly I watched it because I want to dress like Mitchell...)

Then the third series happened.
    And the end of it was basically the worst damn thing I have ever seen.

I didn't even watch series four or five because the end of series three...well I just couldn't

6. FemCasanova

UK version is great!

US version I have heard bad things about, so I don`t know if I want to give it a chance at all!

7. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Both are decent and some may disagree but teh ghost in the US version had a much better performance. I only watched some of both as I lost tv for awhile and I'm not big on dramas to begin with.

I watched the forst three episodes of both and the US ghost was more compelling.

8. I haven't seen a US version but I don't watch US TV, so I never will. I can say that the only thing I actually like about it is the ghost - she's absolutely fantastic!

9. Original BBC one was tolerable.

US spinoff unilaterally sucked.

10. CupidBoy

CupidBoy Guest

The UK version is brilliant mate. ^__^b

11. GayJay

The US versions are always bad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (US inbetweeners has got to be the worst thing i have ever seen)
    But yeah the first series is really good, the second not so bad. It just went downhill after an epic first series, i'm still watching it sometimes now but it just isn't the same and doesn't even have any of the original cast!

12. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly i think both version are pretty good. Yeah the writng of the uk series is better but I think the Us version really hit its stride creatively this year. I think you should continue the rest of Uk series and watch the current season of the Us version.