1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT (mainly the gay couple) in Spartacus and other action/fantasy series

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FemCasanova, Mar 8, 2013.

1. FemCasanova

So, I started watching season 3 now, which I am kind of regretting, as I feel the slaves are now becoming as cruel as their masters used to be. Kicking pregnant women, killing innocents, etc. Not liking the series plot that much thus far.

However, I got fascinated by the fact that within the first 15 minutes of episode one, they showed gay sex, lesbian sex and straight sex, all within those first 15 minutes. Sure, the gay scene was a bit more post-sex and cuddling, but in episode 3 they really made up for it having the whole process, instead of just post-sex.

I love the gay relationship in Spartacus. I mean, the first one ended so tragically, but this second one is adorable. And not just are they adorable when they are kissing and smiling at, and joking with each other, but it was really kind of sexy when one of them actually beat the crap out of another guy, because said other guy was flirting and touching his boyfriend.

It`s so common to see two macho guys fighting over a girl, but seeing a gay man go uber-macho over seeing someone touch his man, that was really cool because it is not something I have seen before at all on TV. I love how the gay men are portrayed as warriors equally skilled (actually more skilled than most) in this series, and equally much man as any other swordsman there, and that it also has a bisexual chick (I assume the blond is bisexual, she is really doing a lot of casual touching and flirting with women, as well as men).

I think it does a fair representation of LGBT characters, though the T is lacking, I will admit that. What does everybody else think? :icon_bigg The Mentalist did a good episode with a transwoman faking her death to get away from her ignorant father. A lot of viewers reacted negatively to it, writing that even that series had now fallen to LGBT propaganda, but I thought it was a beautiful episode.

Teen Wolf and Spartacus are probably now my fave series when it comes to representing LGBT characters in a good way in the action/fantasy genre. In addition to Torchwood, which was amazing, and will always remain on top of the list.

Oh, Janto :tears:

#1 FemCasanova, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013