1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good comp game?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SkyTears, Mar 21, 2008.

1. SkyTears

Anyone know any good computer games that are out? Anything will do but I love RPGs (Not WoW!). My computer and internet is fast enough to take really any game so any idea on what I should get?

2. Lucky Panda

omg! you so need to play the Sims! xD i love that game. I have the PS2 console aswell and personally, i prefer the pc one. There are alot more possibilities and more fun. Just pitching in my 2 cents ^_^

3. InaRut

The Witcher got best RPG from PC gamer
    Might as well check it out.

But for the next RPG I'm looking for is Fallout 3...Def a must get.

But in the mean time...Call of Duty 4 or Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (if it's out for PC)

4. InaRut

Oh and Def try out Morrowind and Oblivion.
    Elder Scrolls is where it's at

5. interstella

oblivion is good but assassins creed is better

6. aTadInsane

aTadInsane Guest

As far as action games go you should try Diablo II, Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, Red Faction, Quake 4, F.E.A.R., Call of Duty 4, Chaser (not real popular but fun as hell), and Painkiller.

Some good RPG's are Fallout 2, Planescape: Torment, Revenant, Dark Stone (If you can find it anywhere), Hellgate: London (It got some bad reviews but I like it), and Fable: The Lost Chapters. Well that's all I've got, hope you can find something in there that might be enjoyable.

7. HalfInsane

I second that! I love Assassin's Creed; although, I'm pretty sure the PC version isn't out until some time in April.

8. sexyalex

9. stanglvr89

Call of Duty 4 is the best multiplayer game and Halflife 2 is the best singleplayer game, in my opinion.

10. puppysquisher

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  11. Steam Giant

I second that!

If you can, and enjoy horror games (and especially if you try and like Deus Ex), go for System Shock 2. It's a sci-fi horror first person shooter RPG, and is the scariest game ever made. Some people will refute this fact. These people have not played System Shock 2 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I could easily recommend 10,000 games right now, but for some quick, recent titles that will satiate your craving for a new game, get the Orange Box (which contains Half-Life 2, both expansions that add 4 hours of gameplay each, Team Fortress for your online shooter needs, and Portal, Valve's puzzle game). Quake 3 and any Unreal Tournament game are great for fast-pased multi-player action, and both support AI players if online gaming isn't your thing. If you do enjoy online shooters, Counterstrike Source comes packaged with Half Life 2, and is an extremely addictive shooter.

I really don't play RPGs that much anymore. If you don't like WoW, try Guild Wars. The original game is only $19.99 these days, there's no subscription fee, and advancement is MUCH faster than most MMOs, so you can feel like you've accomplished something after only an hour or two of gameplay. Also, it looks a lot prettier than WoW :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: hehe!

Oh, and I second The Sims 2 too ^^ that'll entertain you for a loooooooong time!

12. SkyTears

Um bunch of good games (many I've heard before). I already have Assassins Creed for the 360 and that is fun. I have thought about getting the Orange Box before too. So I might do that. Thanks for all the ideas if you have more keep them coming because I have the money to spend on multiple games. =P

ps: I didn't know Guild Wars was only 20 dollars. Wow. I could have sworn it was more but might have to check it out some more

13. Steam Giant

It really depends on where you get it, I had to shop around, but a local video game store was selling it for that much. There two other guild wars games, and an expansion. The first three games ("Guild Wars: Prophesies" or just "Guild Wars," "Guild Wars: Factions" and "Guild Wars: Nightfall") are all stand alone games, but if you own more than one of them, your character can go from one game to another easily, which is ideal, so you can combine items/skills that you acquire in all of the various games. The final game, "Guild Wars: Eye of the North" AKA "GW:EN" (After Gwen, a character in the game), is an expansion pack, and requires at least one of the original three to play.

It's quite fun, and there are AIs in every town you can group up with (called Henchmen) if you can't find or don't feel like playing with human players. Nightfall intorduced "Heroes," which are similar to henchmen, only you can let them borrow your gear and give them their own skill sets, so they're kinda more like pets ^^

I'd recommend starting with the original game first, since it's the longest and contains some of the best skills in the whole series.

14. Richykins

Richykins Guest

The Fable lost chapters edition is really good. Fantasy RPG you can be good or evil Warrior/mage/ranger and you can be gay! tons of other great things about this game..but i cant seem to remember why i love it so mych...must play it again. also TESIV:Oblivion is Fantastic aswell!