1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by 1Jake2, Mar 10, 2013.

1. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there,
    So I kinda wanted to know if anyone here likes Buffy! I love the series and watched it twice. My favourite character is Willow. She's quirky, smart, has an evil side (if you watched BTVS you know what I mean by that) and of course I kinda connect with her because of her sexuality. I loved the arc with her and Tara and loved them as characters separately and together. My favourite episode is a four-way-tie SIDE NOTE: I'm super indecisive... between Once More With Feeling, The Body, the last one but I don't remember it's name (I think it's called School's Out) and the last one from season five because I'm too lazy to Google it (The Gift? Maybe??) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So who's your favourite Character? And your favourite episode(s)?
    Sincerely, 1Jake2

2. Allecto

I haven't seen it in years, but Drusilla will forever be flawless.

3. Clowstar

i love willow and cordelia. :]

4. Phil

Phil Guest

I love "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel", though i prefer the later.
    My favourite character is Anya, she is so funny!
    And the last four episodes of season 6 (from "Seeing Red" to "Grave") and "Once More, with Feeling" are the best ones.

5. TKM

TKM

Love Buffy!! My favorite episode is faith, hope, and trick during season 3 and of course my favorite character has to be Faith she's such a bad ass!

6. Sketch

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like both the Buffy&Angel Series:icon_bigg , read the 8th season BTVS comics, can't wait to read season 9.(!) Also "Angel:After The Fall" series is interesting.

As for the show, my favorite episodes are "Once more, With Feeling" , "Hush"&"Chosen"

I basically like anything Joss Whedon is involved in:badgrin:

#6 Sketch, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  7. Love it. Have to go with Anya on the favorite character thing.

8. Lez

Lez

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    LOVE Buffy. Favorite character was Willow, and that was before I knew I was a lesbian.....:slight_smile:

9. castle walls

My favorite character is Willow as well

10. 1Jake2

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually liked Willow before I knew I was gay too! I just love her character even more now.

11. FemCasanova

My sister and I are long time Buffy fans, and used to watch it when it was on TV, before getting the DVDs. Her fave characters are Spike and Xander. My fave are Willow and Xander. Also loved Tara. She was adorable! Willow was hot, but I have a weakness for red hair. Started with Ariel when I was six, lol! Buffy was a good show, the strength was in the character dynamics and development, the writing and lines, the snappy humor mixed in with the tragic. Joss Whedon is really good with interlacing humor and tragedy, the both making a bigger impact when mixed together in an artful way. His one-liners were historical, lol. And you really grew to care a lot about his characters, they were so believable and realistic, I mean, it made sense why they did what they did, they reacted and made choices like real people would, not just drama for the drama, compared to a lot of the numb nut shows nowadays. And there were some serious themes as well, realistic once, mixed in with the Supernatural drama, like cancer, losing a loved one, dealing with addiction, etc.

No, a great show, deserving the cult classic status it has.

12. 4ever Hearth

My favorite characters are actually....I would have to say Anya, Andrew, Buffy, Tara and All The Potential Slayers(they were cute, fluffy bunnies all bunched up together).

My favorite seasons/episodes are 5 and 7: From 5, the episodes where they leave Sunnydale leading up to the season finale where they fight Glory.

From 7, just about all of them. Though the ending wasn't the best, It was nice to meet all these other girls and really see how deep the slayer-line was. Also, my "extra" favorites were Get It Done(where Buffy gives the "Everyone sucks but me" speech) and "Empty Places"(when Anya digs into her for it).

13. AspieXLDS

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love this series, but I quite frankly find the character of Buffy irritating, or maybe its just the actress. I don't know WHY, but I do not like Sarah Michelle Gellar... my favorite roles for her have been the horror movie ones.

On the other hand, Willow and Xander are my favorites from the series (Xander because he's the underdog and I have a sympathy for them, being a bit of one myself), with Anya and her blunt, sex-crazed nature coming a close second. Also, if I have to pick a het-pairing for Buffy, I go with Spike. I like Angel, but Spike actually WANTED his soul, whereas Angel was cursed with it. I haven't read the comics for after Seaons 7 and 5, and I don't like comics in general, FYI. I like comic book movies, if that counts :grin:.

As far as Angel, well, Wesley. Nuff said. Wimp who becomes a bad-ass? Is there anything hotter? Maybe that's why I kept wanting Lilah to die.....

14. Illusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Buffy will always hold a special place in my heart. Great show,Angel too.
    I'd have to pick Faith for favourite character,she's pretty awesome. :icon_wink

15. 4ever Hearth

From Angel, my favorite character hands down is Illyria. She is a Beast!

16. FemCasanova

I had a small crush on Angel, but then I got a crush on Willow instead. I don`t get how the hell I didn`t realize I was gay, it`s beyond me.

17. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Love Buffy. I do also prefer Angel, though. I can't explain why exactly. I think because it appealed to me more, seemed darker than Buffy, I don't know. I'm a big fan of both, though.

On Buffy: Willow and Xander are my favorite characters.
    On Angel: Wesley and Doyle (who hardly anyone remembers sadly even though he got the whole thing started) are my favorites. I also fell in love with Lorne as soon as he was introduced.

Cordy is great in both for me, but I like "Sunnydale Cordy" more than "NY Cordy in the later seasons of Angel."

On Willow, I gotta be honest...I loved her with Oz. I'm sorry, I'm a horrible lesbian, I know....I can't help it though! I just loved Oz period. Don't get me wrong, Tara was a sweetheart--and well, being frank that's all she was, just sweet, which for me made her boring as hell--but still, I had no problem with her and Willow's relationship. Oz was gone, life moved on, it happens and I was on board with it. But, if I had to choose one couple I loved more, it would be Willow and Oz without a doubt. Oz was awesome. He was a wolf, he was troubled, yet grounded, sweet and also tough, he got Willow out of her shell, and Willow with him--she really blossomed and they were just the cutest thing ever...I eek over them. <3 I nearly cried on the episode where this female wolf started sniffing around him and Willow saw saw them together after the change, gah! That was intense for all three of us. :lol:

Hell, I loved Willow/Oz more than Buffy/Angel/Spike and they were the main couple(s). :lol: Xander and Cordy was cute for the short time it lived. I loved Xander's girlfriend Anya, also. She was hilarious.

18. hatterMfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I miss this show, even though I own all seasons on DVD. I just can't find myself to picking up the DVD cases and placing them in to watch. Overall, I have to admit, I was a Xander/Willow fan for the longest time in S.1. Then I shipped Xander/Cordy. For some reason, I was never Buffy fan.

19. Hopeful

Oh I watched every single Buffy episode and later on all of the Angel ones as well. Willow was always my favorite female character. I had a major crush on Spike for a while... needless to say, he was my favorite male character. My favorite Buffy episode was Once More With Feeling, but it's been a while since I've seen it so I don't remember it very well.

20. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Anyone else an Willow/Oz fan?

And does anyone else remember Doyle? He found Angel, started the whole saving people business, short half demon with a Scottie accent, gave Cordy his powers to have those painful visions, first episode with Wesley Angel accidentally called Wes by his name when he and Cordy were bickering....anything coming to mind?