1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends the show

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by crimsonarcher, Mar 22, 2008.

1. crimsonarcher

I was thinking the last time i watched "Friends"- was there ever consideration for a gay character? cause in certain times, Chandler was always teased for such things, and i thought- was if he was? obviously it's not true casue he married Monica, but still, i can only wonder.

2. davo-man

Well I think they had the whole gay issue covered with Susan and Carol, and Pheobe's gay/straight ice skating crush (I forget his name), but yeah it would have been interesting if it turned out that one of the main characters was gay andwould have made for a very interesting (and well rating) season final, ie one of them coming out of the closet.

3. Orion

All that is veery true. The gay theme was dealt with since the very first episode with Susan.
    Apart from that, and Chandler, I believe that there were always strong gay teases on Joey.

Phoebe used to mention on his gayness and there was even a recopliatory video with Joey's gay moments (a lot may I say) I have all the episodes in dvd :confused: freaky ain't it?

Anyway I watch them every now and again maybe if I spot the episodes I'm talking about I'll post them.

4. lostinthought9

I LOVE Friends!! lol, and yea, i thought the gay one would have been Ross (or Joey) but evidently neither was gay...oh well....still a very entertaining series

5. Ciel

Ciel Guest

I like the show but I've only seen a few episodes really. I do remember seeing one where Ross put on some site for their old classmates or something that Chandler was gay, but thats about all I remember.

6. Vampyrecat

Chandler: I wish I were a lesbian (awkward Silence) Oh god did I just say that Out loud?

So obviously there was some sort of consideration for gay and lesbian people, and I think I recall Ross's wife leaving him for a woman.

7. whyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gay themes were dealt with in Friends.. It showed more of how people get defensive when they are called gay...

I recall one episode where people at Chandler's work thought he was gay and he wasn't very happy about that

8. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that's what happened. Ross' wife left him for a woman.