1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Psych" Is it a good series?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FemCasanova, Mar 13, 2013.

1. FemCasanova

Considering watching the series Psych, but it seems very like The Mentalist, which I love. I have seen that this actually came before Mentalist, but I haven`t heard of it until now.

Is there a lot more humor than action? Is there any action? Any drama? Are the actors/actresses good? Is it well-written? Is it engaging?

If anyone has seen it and want to give a little review, please do :slight_smile:

2. Ianthe

It is much more of a comedy than The Mentalist, definitely. Zany. I like it, but I like The Mentalist more.

Humor: mostly Action: some Drama: not really

A lot more petty crime and a lot less grisly murder, compared to The Mentalist.

In Psych, he is still pretending to be a psychic. The people at the police who are working with him sort of believe he is a psychic. His methods aren't nearly as cool a The Mentalist.

I think it's a fun sort of show to watch sometimes, but I don't think it's very similar in feel to The Mentalist at all.

3. FemCasanova

Ah, thanks!

I`ll give it a shot. I don`t usually like series with only comedy, but if there is some action, I might like it.

Yeah, Mentalist really is a great show, been following that one since it started. Simon Baker is quite brilliant. I like the darkness in it, mixed in with the more light moments. It steps the line sometimes, which I like. Loved the episode with the transgirl! One of my fave LGBT moments on TV.

4. Tim

Tim

Psych is good.

And just a minor note: The Mentalist came out 2 years AFTER Psych. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. FemCasanova

I know. That`s why I wrote " I have seen that this actually came before Mentalist" in my first post, so that people wouldn`t think I wasn`t aware of it :icon_wink

Writing something about why you think it`s good would be great!

6. Jonathan

Psych is an amazing show! The chemistry between the two main characters (Shawn and Gus) is incredible. The show is definitely more about humor and less about drama. It's not a very "deep" show that has a lot of meaning. Rather, it's a show that you watch because it's entertaining and fun to watch :slight_smile: .

Oh, and they actually make fun of The Mentalist in a few episodes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Tim

Tim

Psych's just one of those shows.

It keeps a comedic feel, but it's also quite dramatic at times. It reminds me of... to some degree Legally Blonde, just crime scenes. The way they solve things is ridiculously hilarious.

8. WillowMaiden

WillowMaiden Guest

Psych is great! I definitely recommend it! Gus, Shawn and Lassie interactions have had me in stitches. :lol:

I hope you're not a sensitive Mentalist fan because Psych pokes fun at the show a lot. It's pretty funny if you don't get butt hurt over it. Not assuming you would, just saying in general it's easier to take a joke when a person's not offended. :grin:

But anyway, yeah Psych is really funny, but like someone else mentioned, it can also get really serious and dramatic, which is good. There's depth without being melo-dramatic due to the great acting, quick wit, and BANTER. Lots of great banter also due to the great delivery by Hill and Roday. Oh and sometimes the guys make more than a couple movie/show/actor-actress references in one sentence. That's one of the fun parts of watching Shawn Spencer and M.C. Clap Yo Hands :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap (Burton Guster better known as Gus.)

Take care now, bye bye then. :smilewave

9. GreenRaven

it seems like a good show, i've only seen the first two episodes, but it's not really my style. it's got humor, yeah, but it's got those moments where you just wanna cover your eyes until it's done cause it's so stupid...in my opinion anyways. but yeah. if you like that kind of humor then you'll love it. just not for me haha. i'm not big on comedies as it is *shrug* i'm more into the blood and gore aspect

10. hatterMfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I love Psych!
    Everyone else has pretty much said what I had in mind to say. Sure, some of the stuff they say can be pretty cheesy, and some of the episodes are like, why did I watch this? But every show has those episodes.