1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sonny's Blues

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nodnarb, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Nodnarb

Ok, I was kind of surprised by my intuition with this, so I thought I'd share.

A couple hours ago I got around to reading Sonny's Blues for my Comp 2 class. Normally, when I read the stories for that class, I read the little write-up on the author to get a better idea of what the story will be about. But, since Sonny's Blues is so long, I skipped it and just started reading. I really didn't even look to see who the author was.

So, as I was reading it, I started to get this sort of gay-vibe from it, but I figured I was just making it up in my head or something. But I still kept feeling it.

Anyways....I finished the story and flipped back to the author introduction. And guess what? It was written by James Baldwin, who was gay! I couldn't believe it! I don't know exactly what it was, since there were no gay characters in the story, but there was something that gave me that impression.

This just made my night:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: