1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who Question.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Stripe101, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Stripe101

In the episode, "The God Complex", everyone has a room containing their greatest fear. The Doctor found his. What do you think was in it? I personally believe there was nothing. I don't mean he's not scared of anything. I mean that I believe that he's afraid that one day there will be nothing. No time, no space, no anything. I'd love to hear what you think!
    :icon_bigg

2. That Kid

That would be a good way to symbolize it... I know the Doctor hates endings, and being alone. I don't blame him, Traveling the Universe really isn't that fun if you have nobody to share it with.

3. I think it was probably himself. Remember that The Doctor's existence basically stems from the fact that he is running from the past and himself and what happened. By saving the world, fighting, and constantly moving, he's distracted from the truth of what he does and how he feels about himself. Therefore, he would be most afraid of himself, or what happened on his homeworld.

Alternatively, the death of one of his companions (probably Amy). Apart from the above, the loss of a companion seems to cause him the most anguish.

4. Just Jess

I think he saw a future version of himself going back into his own timeline and forcing him to look into the Untempered Schism. Then he'd become just another time lord, and everything he'd ever done afterward would be completely undone. He and the master were the only time lords capable of actually changing time, and whatever he saw in the vortex would have meant leaving the universe alone with just The Master, the Daleks, the Cybermen, etc.

I think the thought of being the kind of person that would do nothing, scares him even more than knowing the bad things he's capable of.

5. Joe54321

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it was himself and his ability to kill so many people e.g. blowing up his home planet

6. Rylan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree that it was probably a copy of himself.

What I wondered more after watching that episode was what the Doctor had faith in to make the minotaur target him along with the others. In "The Satan Pit" (season 2), it is implied that he is an atheist. Could it also be himself?

7. TARDISDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think it may have been full of past companions (possibly including Amy and Rory) and since he knew his time would soon be up with the Ponds, he decided to bring them home before they were killed.

8. Hexagon

I think either a little kid version of amy, or the thing that caused him to run since age 8 (end of season 3, the doctor explains what caused the masters madness, then says his own reaction was to run, and that he never stopped running.)