1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking Dead: Daryl and Merle

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberblaze, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Emberblaze

So, if you just saw the most recent episode, you know what just happened...

I just couldn't take Daryl crying... It was too sad for me and I was about to burst out in tears! Daryl had hardly shown any emotion aside from anger and rejection, and this is the first time we've seen him show any sort of sensitivity.

Did this spark any tears in anyone else?

2. AshesofAshley

Re: Walking Dead: Darly and Merle

:tears:I cried my eyes out! I liked Merle, I wanted to see him turn a new leaf and fight along side his brother and Rick. But watching Daryl cry was too much, for my heart to take.

3. Emberblaze

Re: Walking Dead: Darly and Merle

Exactly how i feel! And I was JUST saying that they probably wouldn't kill Daryl or Merle off just yet because they're original characters and have a lot of backstory that could be revealed!

But that... That was just too much! I Can't WAIT for the governor to die!!! I hope he dies slowly and gets eaten by walkers! But before the walkers can fully kill him, I want Daryl, Michonne, Andrea, Milton, Tyresse, Carol, Carl-- EVERYBODY to just stomp his body to dust!!! AND THEN they leave him for the walkers!

4. AshesofAshley

I like your style!!! I understand why they killed Merle for the structure of the story. He was holding his brother back. Now, Daryl will really blossom, transcend to ultra bad-ass... I can't wait to see the finale, even though I will be sad until next season!!!!

5. Emberblaze

Yeah true, he WAS weighing Daryl back (who, by the way, I did NOT know was SO ULTRA popular with the fanbase! He has SO many memes and stuff!). I feel like there was more to Merle that we weren't able to see really. Before he met back up with Daryl in the prison, I thought his loyalties were to himself, then I realized they were to his brother, and then we he let Michonne go, I feel like he didn't have any intention of giving her to the Gov. at all, that he just wanted to keep his tough exterior. He truly has a heart v_v

As for the end of the season, I am NOT looking forward to waiting! And I THOUGHT they'd finish the whole woodbury saga with this season, but there's no way they can in just one more episode!

And as someone that read the comics at this part... Oh man, I REALLY hope they change some of the people that don't make it... I want the whole GROUP to make it T_T

6. saggitarius91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was heart breaking! Although I didn't care much for Merle, I felt sad for him. Even though he was kind of a jerk, he didn't deserve to become a walker :/

But what's getting to me is that damned Governor!!! Every time they get close to taking him out, they get sent back 2 steps!

Can't wait for next episode

7. AshesofAshley

I hope Daryl gets to be the one to kill to Governor... just sayin.

8. saggitarius91

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Totally agree

9. Emberblaze

I'm scared to the see next episode... As i said, I've read the prison part in the comics, aaaand, although the show and comic are preetty different in the way deaths occur (actually pretty much 95% different) I STILL tremble at my death prediction list... I don't want ANYONE to die in that group!

10. sexyalex

It was really sad. But I didn't empathize with his death. I've been a huge fan of this show since day one. And have watched it evolve from super major tv drama to low budget tv drama. And I still find the lvl of acting at an acceptable level. But Merle had it coming! he had it coming! And if I felt sympathy for anyone it would have been Mishone.

She doesn't quite fit into any of the groups and nether does Andrea. Daryl however as someone mentioned earlier was being held back by his brother and I do hope he doesn't let this consume his character like Rick allowed his wife's death to be his ruin.

But in any case....am I the only one who finds Daryl hot, in a very masculine white trash kinda way? :x

11. Emberblaze

I been feeling that since day 1!!! And as for Merle, i can't say he deserved to die, but he WAS a little wreckless in the way he did stuff. Like Rick asked him-- why does Merle do the things Merle does?

Well, I think Merle too that question to heart, and his answer, was that he does it for his brother. That's the only reason he even contemplated giving Michonne to the gov, that's the only reason he would have fought for the prison, and that's the only reason he risked his life with that attack on the gov.

Merle was selfish and cared about himself, but he wasn't his main priority, Daryl was.

12. Musician

What really upset me was that I don't think Darryl realized that Merle died a hero, and actually, since he sniped off a few key men in the Gov's army, that actually may really help the group win vs. Woodbury.

Also, my prediction - which I'm sure will be wrong because the show has twists and turns -is that there will be a lot of open questions going into next season about the fate of Andrea, who's in charge of Woodbury, where the gang will go next. Also, I think the governor stays alive.

My dark horse bet though: Glenn will die a hero. Maybe Beth too.

13. xashesxx

xashesxx Guest

I was shocked that he died. I was hoping that he would prove himself to everyone at the prison that he could be useful and helpful to them. I felt so bad for Daryl. But if they kill Daryl I'm done with the show. I'd be upset if Maggie died too but for a different reason lol :slight_smile:

14. UndercoverGypsy

Sad about Merle, although he had it coming. Has anyone else seen Norman Reedus's (Daryl's) cat in real life? http://bit.ly/YF5i42

15. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Surprisingly, I was actually really sad about what happened to Merle. I've always hated him for being such an ass, but he really redeemed himself before his death, and I wish he had a chance to continue redeeming himself through more good deeds like he did for Michonne. He thought that Rick was going to take her to the governor, so he carried her off and let her go so that even Rick couldn't do that to her. Then he went in and tried to kill the governor himself so that he could save Daryl from risking his life to battle the governor. I guess I'm too easily swayed by small acts of kindness; he did a lot of bad in the past, and I really despised that (especially what he did to Glenn and Maggie). However, seeing him do something good just made me sympathize with him so much. Besides, Daryl shouldn't have had to kill him off.

---------- Post added 27th Mar 2013 at 02:38 PM ----------

I think he did prove himself to be useful even though the people back at the prison don't know it yet. They'll be thankful for Merle's effort when they find out (presumably in the next episode) that he tried to take down the governor himself. He saved Michonne and took down a few of the governor's people, and he had the intention of ridding the governor, too. I'd say he redeemed himself somewhat.

I'm pretty sure Daryl won't get killed off! He's my favorite, and I'm sure he is many fans' favorite as well. He's pivotal to the show, and I think the producers know that! =)

16. Emberblaze

.... I want to do things to this man now...

Ahem, anywho, I feel like beth and hershel and little ass kicker may not make it... I REALLY hope carol survives! But the group is alread SO small how many people can they truly kill off the show!

17. Musician

I think Little Ass Kicker definitely makes it. They need the young to live. Hershel is the other bet I have other than Glenn, but it's the season finale, so it has to be dramatic. Unless they'll throw a real curveball like killing off Darryl of Hershel.

The other thing is if a lot of people die on the show, they'll just run into like 4 other people, and they'll become part of the group, like I think it's happened before.

18. AshesofAshley

No, you are not alone there! He is so sexy. I have been in love with him since Boondock Saints! So cute with his Irish accent. So so so cute!

19. UndercoverGypsy

It would be awesome if there was a massive fight between the two groups and then all of a sudden Glenn get's shot through the head by Negan, thus introducing him to the show. Not that I want Glenn to die, but it might be good to stay true to the comics.

20. Emberblaze

Shhhh!!! Don't spoil it for people who haven't read the comics! (Btw, I cried at that part....:tears:slight_smile: