1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Retro-rock?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by vhrebels, Mar 25, 2013.

1. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

Hi. So I just kind of realized that newer rock bands that are appearing on the scene are sounding like rock groups of the 60s and 70s. For example, The Black Keys sound similar to Led Zeppelin, and Tame Impala sounds like the Revolver era of the Beatles. Do you think that newer rock groups are sounding more "classic"? I personally do, and I'm really glad, because its fun to listen to. Also, do you know any other groups that sound this way?

2. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
  3. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I do, and I'm super excited about it. I do think that was a few years ago though, and some of those bands, like The Black Keys are moving away from that raw, vintage sound again. For example, if you listen to El Camino, as opposed to The Big Come Up, it's way more produced and refined. I dunno, I really want more blues bands to pop up in popular music. That would be great.

4. LiquidSwords

Not mad about The Black Keys but I've got a lot of time for Tame Impala, haven't heard the Beatles comparison before but it sort of fits. Can't really think of any other examples for you though.

5. Bassplayer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The Raconteurs have a little bit of that late 60's feel, if you really use your imagination, I suppose...

6. timo