1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anime??

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by WanderingGhost, Mar 30, 2013.

1. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm just gonna plain ask this. Is there anyone in here that likes anime?? C: If so, what are your favorite series and what are you currently watching?

2. Ruby

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love anime! I'm currently rewatching One Piece with a friend. I love Hetalia, Saiyuki, Le Chevalier D'Eon, Naruto, Dragonball Z and Black Butler.

3. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like some anime. My favorites are Princess Jellyfish, Kampfer, and Disgaea.

4. I've been meaning to try anime for ages now, just never really got around to it. Loads of my friends are really in to it.

5. Nyanko

I love it. x3

My favorite series would have to be Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha and Puella Magi Madoka Magica.

I'm currently watching Little Busters! and I'm about to start Tamako Market and Aiura (when it airs).

6. Mysz

It's amazing. You'll find that lots have life messages mixed in, and cause tidal waves of feels.
    Personally, my favourites are those lesser-known animes with unique styles and a floaty feeling, like Mushishi, Mononoke, and House of Five Leaves. Watching Mushishi makes you feel oddly empty, yet at the end of each episode you also feel at peace and fulfilled. I also enjoy the mainstream ones like One Piece and Hetalia.

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Anime has always been an interest of mine, though I don't watch it as much as I used to.

My favourites are a mixed bag... K-On, FLCL, Durarara, Baccano, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kuragehime, Eden of the East, Panty and Stocking, Samurai Champloo, and Madoka Magica. I also like Ghibli films and I'm a huge fan of guro/horror manga, with my favourite artist/author being Junji Ito.

Right now, I'm currently watching Tamako Market. It's cute.

8. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Since you asked..
    Black Blood Brothers
    Soul Eater
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Hetalia
    OHSHC
    Fruits Basket
    Naruto
    DRAGON BALL :slight_smile:
    ATLA (Not sure if this counts)
    Mushishi
    Lovely Complex
    Mew Mew Power
    Black Butler
    Darker than Black
    Kaze No Stigma
    Yugi-Oh
    Death Note
    Naruto
    Pokemon
    High School of The Dead
    Digimon
    Xiaolin Showdown
    Hamtaro
    Sailor Moon

Those are the first few ones that I can remember, and really enjoyed. My all-time favorites are Digimon: Data Squad, Xiaolin Showdown, and Fullmetal Alchemist. Yup, mostly shows I used to obsess over when I was younger. Most animes that I love to death are the ones that are aimed more towards younger kids (FMA and a few others being the exceptions), even though the really creepy dark ones have a special place in my heart. :badgrin:

9. WanderingGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    F*ck yeah! Madoka FTW! XD

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2013 at 12:06 PM ----------

Is that a picture of Dave Strider? I love Junji Ito!! I love Tomie, she's uber creepy! xD

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2013 at 12:09 PM ----------

Well Anime isn't for everybody, some people can't stand it. But it depends on what genres you like. There's horror, romance, mystery, sci-fi, etc.

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2013 at 12:12 PM ----------

Have you ever seen Hourou Musuko (Wandering Son)? It's not very popular but it's good. The art style looks like a water color painting. It's about a middle school boy who wants to be a girl and a middle school girl who wants to be a boy. It's a very inspiring story.

10. opti

all that reading and not one mention of my all time fav...:icon_sad:

Cowboy Bebop

11. SleeplessS

Ghost in the shell - the first movie.
    Serial Experiments Lain.
    Satoshi Kon movies.
    Ghibli.

But Motoko will always be my first love.

12. I'm rewatching Future Diary and Katekyo Hitman Reborn.
    I like Tamako Market (funny as hell!), Beelzebub, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, Steins;Gate, and Cardcaptor Sakura.

13. Mysz

I adore Cowboy Bebop! The music and Spike's attitude completely changed my outlook on life. He's a real character!

14. Zmajcek

Zmajcek Guest

Ditto.

I always find it interesting, but I cannot invest enough time in them, especially if they have 100+ episodes... :frowning2:

15. Waffles

Anime! :'3
    I loved Angel Beats!, Clannad and Clannad: After Story, Baccano, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann... oh geez, I can't remember the rest DX (watch it way too often. ^^; )
    I actually am taking a break from anime for some manga~!
    Waiting for the Corpse Party: Tourtured Souls anime coming out in the summer... EXCITEMENT!

16. Mysz

Don't get started on Bleach then.. 366 episodes :icon_sad:

17. godoftheatre

godoftheatre Guest

I've watched a little anime. Mostly mainstream Western stuff (does the original Pokémon series even count? Lol) There was a gay interest series called Gravitation that I liked. I can only stand dubbed anime, though. But in general, I don't really watch a whole lot.

However, I do really like the Studio Ghibli movies like Spirited Away (my favorite) and Kiki's Delivery Service. I have yet to see Howl's Moving Castle but I've heard it's really good.

18. fairlyfey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :roflmao:Where to begin
    Most of the Gundam series (Wing, 8th MS team, and the Original were the best ones)
    FLCL
    Tenchi Muyo
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Guyver (original 80's series)
    Out Law Star (obvously, god it's great and blends so many genres)
    Akira
    Most Studio Ghibli films
    I haven't watched Serial Experiments Lain yet, but I think it'll be up my alley
    And many more than I could begin to remember.

It's funny, one of the first animes I ever saw was the original Ghost In the Shell movie when I was like 6 or 7. My dad got it for me not knowing what it was. He probably thought "oh, it's animated, ergo it's a cartoon for kids." Luckily I was alone the first time I watched it, and I was blown away. I became an instant Otaku for life. It was really inappropriate for a kid :roflmao: but I'm glad I saw it when I did because it made a huge impression on me. I think it's fair to say that most anime is pretty superficial, but GItS was just so cerebral and the characters asked all of these profoundly philosophical questions about identity and the nature of human memory that I think about daily even now. If I ever have kids, I think I'll let them watch it a couple of times when they're really young too. There's something about being exposed to something so radical at such an impressionable age that shapes the way you think for life; it's like an idea has the potential to get embedded deep into your psyche at that age. Also, the opening credits were interesting for me too. It's weird to think about, but even at that age my sexuality revved a little. That's sort of why I get ticked off at the idea that some idiots genuinely think sexual-orientation/gender-roles are learned behavior rather than something innate. I may have not fully understood it then, but I clearly had an inkling of what I was into :thumbsup:

19. Matt1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    some animes i really liked have been
    Elven lied
    baka no test
    School Rumble
    Angel beats
    Codge geass!!

These are some animes i like at the top of my head

20. Crystal's Vaporeon

Highschool Of The Dead <3 Ugh for a zombie based anime I absolutely adore it, I dunno why, it's just amazing
    And of course Pokemon (Preferably the earlier series) but come on who didn't love Pokemon at one stage? Great anime x3