1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New doctor who...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Eatthechildren, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Eatthechildren

What did you think?

I liked it, but it felt more generic than the other episodes :L

2. It was OK, but it still doesn't compare to the early days of David Tennent and Christopher Eccleston.
    I like Clara though, she could prove to be interesting.

3. CTJ

CTJ

I haven't got TV so i'll, going to watch it on iPlayer tomorrow. I'm so excited.

I also found out today that Tennant and Piper are returning for the 50th anniversary and they've also got John Hurt for the ep. I am so bloomin' excited for that ep! I hope they bring back 9 and Captain Jack as well, i think i may have to go to my parents house and take over the television so that i can watch it as it airs when it comes out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Beware Of You

Fun fact - I worked in the Jetliner cockpit they filmed in for uni work.

It was BA's Boeing 737 sim at heathrow

5. Mysz

Captain Jack won't be there for the 50th, but unfortunately Piper and Tennant will. Don't get me wrong- both were brilliant- but Rose and the altDoctor are in a whole different parallel universe! I've had quite enough of so much romantic shmuff in the series. I hope Clara doesn't go the same way. I liked her in just the one episode where she made her first appearance. She had a great story for one or at max two episodes, but as a companion? I don't know...
    Can't wait to watch the newest episode, anyways! Hoping it turns out well.

6. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved this episode. I liked the weirdness and I found it fun. Possibly my favourite episode of series 7 so far. :slight_smile: Plus, the Spoonheads are genius!

7. Yougoglencoco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I liked it, one of the first episodes that i've like in a while.. also it was nice to be back in London

8. Stripe101

I loved it! The first half of this season kind of sucked so it's nice to have a refreshing episode again

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2013 at 09:41 PM ----------

Christopher Eccleston (9) said that he would never bathe in the same river twice. He never liked the experience he had. Who knows? It's a different show now. Also, the only way they could bring back 10 and Rose would be if they used the hybrid from season 4. Then, they'd get both of them. Did you know, that in November, there will be a TV movie called, Adventures in Space and Time? It will be about the first doctor. Guess who's gonna play him? The creepy janitor guy with the cat from Harry Potter!

9. Mysz

My world just collapsed in on itself! Mr. Filch? Will Mrs. Norris be featuring too?
    :roflmao:
    I've always wanted to use that smiley, lol, but I haven't read anything so shocking and funny yet as to be justified in using it.

10. theMaverick

I loved it. I love the new TARDIS. I will grow to love Clara, I'm sure, but I watched Angels take Manhattan right before and again, I cried, and I cried, and I cried and cried. Like not a normal "oh how sad" cry but like...an ugly cry. Sobbing, uncontrollably, on the floor. It's going to take me some time to get over the Ponds.

But as consolation, 10 and Rose are coming back, hooray!!!

11. returning

I liked it. it wasnt the best though.

12. theMaverick

I'll agree with you, it wasn't the best episode. I was a little disappointed in the "spoonheads" and by a little disappointed, I mean, what the hell good does uploading anyone do? Needed more explanation, perhaps. I'm guessing that the "Great Intelligence" is going to be a major story arc for the rest of this series, however. I was also expecting more on the "How the hell does Clara Oswin Oswald even exist" front. Perhaps they were starting a bit slow to ease us into the new companion.

13. TARDISDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I loved the new episode. The Clara storyline is a great hook, and I don't think I'll sleep well until I know who she really is. (Which, knowing Moffat, may never actually happen) Anyways, I feel like Clara's the new Donna, not a love interest or a friend or a daughter, but an actual equal sidekick. Can't wait to see how the rest of the series unfolds.

14. Abraxas

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually enjoyed it rather much. Of course, I've been itching for a dose of the Doctor ever since the mid season break. It's all I can do going from week to week.
    That said, I enjoyed the tweaked improvements on the Doctor and the Tardis.
    I wasn't the biggest lover of the Ponds, but for once, I never felt for a moment that the transition from last companion(s) to the newest was out of place.
    Usually, I feel as if I've grow too attached to seeing them, and the new face just seems odd. Not so in this case. Maybe it has to do with having her show up twice before, and already knowing she was going to be the new traveler.

All in all, it's was good, and I'm glad the Doctor is back. =3

15. Stripe101

Yeah! Mr. Filch! I forgot his name. Maybe Mrs. Norris will be his gran daughter, Susan!
    :roflmao:

16. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was revealed in the episode that they uploaded their minds into the Wi-fi so the Great Intelligence could feed on them.

17. CTJ

CTJ

I thought it was a pretty good episode, i must admit i'm slightly excited to find out what the hell is going on with Clara.

My favourite part of the episode was seeing that Claras book was written by Amelia Williams :slight_smile: I loved the Ponds so much.

18. Yeah, the first-in-series have been so disappointing lately. I think the idea of the episode was flawed and too similar to the TV one. The editing was really bad for geeks such as myself; the C++ streaming down the screen at all times was really frustrating, as C++ isn't used in networking and ihefiugfegfw. They're also doing that short film type thing they're trying to do, whereby they make the start and middle really epic and good, and at the same time, the finale becomes unspectacular and dull. They did that last series, too.

19. theMaverick

Yeah I know...it just seemed a bit...anticlimactic. That's all. It wasn't scary or even that thrilling.

Weeping Angels - Really Scary
    Vashta Nerada - Scary
    Daleks - Moderately terrifying
    Spoonheads - Totally avoidable

That's all I'm saying.

20. DoctorJones

I thought it was alright...I've never really cared for Matt Smith. He just bugs me for some reason...He is lacking something but I can't quite put my finger on it. I do, however, like Clara quite a lot. Which could be due - in part - to the fact that I have had a crush on Jenna-Louise Coleman since she was in Emmerdale. I quite like the character, though. She isn't what the doctor expects and a bit of a mystery. I, for one, am very excited to see where this leads.