1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Underrated actors (male and female)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been doing a lot of thinking and found sometimes people have been overcritical of talented actresses and actors. So I thought why not list some actors who you feel have gotten bad reps or bad wraps because of past movies they've done. It's up to you guys if you keep this going, but kinda just want to let these feelings out :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Sarah Jessica Party - I am SO sick of people insulting her and calling her a horse. I mean I'll admit, found it hilarious in South Park but have heard many call her this and I don't see it. I've seen her with and without make-up and except for that overly dark makeup she wore in SatC 2, she looks absolutely gorgeous every time I see her. Even when she looked ragged in SatC 1 I still thought she looked beautiful and I LOVE her in SatC and other films she's done. I feel people use this "horse" excuse which is unfounded just to hate on her.

Zac Efron - Personally have loved almost every film he's done (I'm sorry, wasn't a fan actually of Charlie St. Cloud tbh). He's gotten more and more attractive as he's aged and I feel he still gets heat just because of HSM. I have loved his acting in the films he's done and his support of gay rights (though I still say he'll one day run into my arms :wink: ) has been great :slight_smile:.

2. godoftheatre

godoftheatre Guest

Zac Efron's just too cute :slight_smile: He's not a bad actor, either!

Glenn Close is one of my absolute favorites! She is, in my opinion, one of the MOST TALENTED actresses of all time - and I feel she never gets the respect that she is due. She's been nominated six times for an Academy Award but never actually won it - which is an outrage. Her performances in Dangerous Liaisons and Fatal Attraction are FANTASTIC!! :grin:

3. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    [​IMG]

Michelle collins was slated for her Manchester Accent, but I think she pulls it off :slight_smile:

4. photoguy93

I've always liked Glenn, too. Do you think her face has caused a problem, though? She's obviously had work done - just a question. :slight_smile:

5. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

Zac Efron for sure! :grin: He is absolutely adorable!!

Michael Cera. People say his acting sucks but I love it! He is so adorable and funny! :grin:

Ellen Page. She seems to have just disappeared off the planet after Juno!

6. Hopeful

Oh I love Ellen Page! I'm not sure who else I can add...

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well not really, I mean she was in X-Men 3 after she was in Juno. And Inception. Oh and apparently she's going to play Kitty Pryde again in X-Men Days of Future Past next year.

8. godoftheatre

godoftheatre Guest

Glenn once made a comment that she could never do anything like a RomCom because she didn't think she had the face for it. I don't think it's necessarily unconventional or anything like that, just very striking. She has a face that you don't forget, and that's a good thing! Apart from RomComs (which she could totally do, in my opinion), I don't think her face could have really held her back that much. But I've just always thought of her as beautiful. :slight_smile: Perhaps the reason she's not more appreciated is because her acting and character work can be so subtle and delicate at times that maybe not everyone understands and appreciates the full depth of how amazingly talented she is.

Also, and this is just out of curiosity :slight_smile: - what makes you say she's had work done? I see no evidence of that. She definitely didn't get a nose job, and I don't think she had plastic surgery either. I think she probably just has good genes. And she said she also "gurns" daily (which is basically like stretching/contorting your face), which slows the aging of the skin and prevents wrinkles, etc.

[​IMG]

Either way, I just love her :slight_smile:

#8 godoftheatre, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
  9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just realized autocorrect changed Sarah Jessica Parker to Sarah Jessica Party...LOL

10. 4ever Hearth

Famke Janssen (Jean Grey from The X-Men Films)

Gabrielle Union (The Clover's Cheer-Captain from Bring It On)

Thandie Newton

Rachel Nichols (I think she deserves a second shot, P2 was horrible but I feel she has potential. She did good in the first G.I Joe as Scarlett)

Noel Fischer (He is the "nerdy" love of my life especially as a red-head. He plays Mickey on U.S Shameless)

Katerina Graham (If she brings forth more of the acting chops she had when The Vampire Diaries first started, I think she would be set)

Mehcad Brooks

Rutina Wesley

Nelsan Ellis

Michael B. Jordan

Jurnee Smollet

Tristan Wilds

Keke Palmer

Malese Jow

Kelly Hu

Ming-Na Wen (People don't talk about her enough for my liking :lol:slight_smile:

Jasika Nicole

Lauren Collins (Paige from Degrassi)

Andrea Lewis (Hazel from Degrassi)

Kelsey Chow

Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Tracie Thoms

Anna Kendrick

Tamera Mowry

Ellen Wong

The Ashmore Twins (Shawn and Aaron)

Alison Pill

Dave Franco

Mitchell Musso

Doc Shaw

And thats it. My list is probably too long to even be considered credible. :lol:

#10 4ever Hearth, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013