1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs to play on the recorder?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by thebrightficus, Mar 31, 2013.

1. welp i have my old wooden recorder laying around (with a cleaning rod and everything) and i think i'm gonna take it up to kill some time until i have enough money to pursue other hobbies.

now, i'm just wondering, what songs sounds GOOD on a recorder? ive never really thought of a recorder as much of an instrument for really pleasant songs (like in orchestrated music or video game tracks)

anyone know of a place i can find this out or have suggestions?

2. Allecto

3. bre16017

I think it can be a nice instrument if played well.

4. HermionieCullen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You can try looking for songs thats sound good on the flute or other woodwind instruments (because they are easier to find) :slight_smile:
    A cute piece that I think sounds cool on recorder is the super mario bros theme song :slight_smile:

5. bre16017

Try anything you want to.
    Perhaps try some Irish music?

6. Bolin

For classical music, Telemann and Vivaldi have written dozens (maybe hundreds) of sonatas and concertos for recorder.

7. SlickyPants

Stairway to Heaven has some really good recorder parts that are really rockin'. Sure, the song has some wonderful lyrics and vocals, a beautiful acoustic guitar intro, a powerful electric guitar solo and all that jazz but the recorders used in the song are really the heart and soul of it. The song would have failed miserably without them.