1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To cheer you up :)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by pl66, Apr 2, 2013.

1. pl66

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    There is so much sadness here, that I decided to try something else. Everybody is welcome to participate. Maybe you learn something about yourself :slight_smile:

I never put any label on myself, so I really did not give damn. I just did things because I liked it or they made me feel good. Recently I was thinking about movies I like and that was way before I realized who I am. So try to think about a movie, music, book, anything and tell me WHY YOU LIKE IT

So let me begin.

I love sci-fi movies and some action movies. Hate 007.

I never read any romance book in my entire life. Yet I watched "Sense and Sensibility" with Kate Winslet couple times. It made me feel good. I guess I liked the romance after all. There is another movie called "Eat Drink Man Woman" by Ang Lee. It's a story of 3 sisters and their lives. They all in different age. One time I had a conversation with my girlfriend and she was really surprised about it. I like "Titanic" for it's perfect story telling. In "Avatar" I loved the idea of living in another body. So humans, used avatars to get to close to natives, but the concept of avatar was already familiar to them. Pretty cool idea. There is one movie that always makes impression on me. It's called "The Snow Walker". This is a story of Canadian pilot who delivers different things far north. During one of this trips, he helps Inuit girl to get to a hospital. But there is accident. They survive crash and find themselves in desperate conditions. He really despises girl and tries to survive on his own. It almost kills him. Then he accepts girl's help. This story has everything, friendship, transformation, death and even love. When he finally finds another Inuit hunters, he is a completely different person. Outside world thinks he is dead. He could go back to this world, but most likely he will stay with Inuits for ever.

Recently I listen a lot to Avril Lavigne. I love the lyrics and that she does not compromise. Taylor Swift - great music, great lyrics and she is so feminine. Nicky Minaj always makes me laugh :slight_smile:

2. I love King for a Day by Pierce the Veil. It's such a brilliant song and Vic's voice is so perfect with Kellin's. The song is just so great and I can listen to it for hours on repeat. I know all the lyrics now and I, of course, sing very badly to them! :grin:

3. lolgaby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I lik the song "Two Birds" by Regina Spektor, "Creep" by Radiohead and
    "Dream a little dream of me" Mama Cass Elliot version because they
    remind me of a lot of thing that happened to me.

And I love the movie "Beautiful Thing" 'cause everytime I see it I feel
    full, that no matter how much cr*p is happening, there is something
    that will spark. @.@

4. Just Jess

Well appropriate to the thread, I like the Presidents of the United States of America song "Love Everybody".

Why? The lyrics are awesome and it's just a fun song. Check 'em out!

Sally could barely rally, she livin' in cardboard alley,
    Convinced she was doin' fine
    Burt was a millionaire, sellin' that spray-on hair
    Sippin' Californee wine

She was hardly handling and panhandling
    Off-times she was squeezing out a dime at a time
    From his limousine he could see beauty underneath the dirt
    And this is what it said on the sign!

It said You gotta love everybody, make 'em feel good about themselves
    You gotta love everybody, make 'em feel good about themselves
    (You Got To!) love everybody tonite!
    You gotta love everybody tonite!
    [ From: http://www.elyrics.net]
    You gotta love everybody, make 'em feel good about themselves

Bree was worth billions, she was killingly beautiful
    A diamond with the venomous charm
    Harvey was starving, carving tattoos on the punks,
    Called himself "DaVinci of arms"

She was high on twinkies when she pulled in thinking
    She could just get in and out, convenience is bliss
    By the flash on the wall, she seemed twenty feet tall
    And this is what he put on her fist!

It said You gotta love everybody, make 'em feel good about themselves
    You gotta love everybody, make 'em feel good about themselves (yeah!)

5. Crystal's Vaporeon

I love bands such as Black Veil Brides, Escape The Fate, Bullet For My Valentine, Asking Alexandria, ect.
    Despite the bad reputation most of these artists have and how most people call these bands evil and violent they have more meaning than any of the songs by pop artists.
    A recent song by Escape The Fate called Ungrateful is about picking yourself up when the world pushes you down and never giving up, the video for this song focuses on bullying and how it affects everyone, at the end of the video they have a tribute to people who have killed themselves because of bullying.
    In The End by Black Veil Brides is telling you to get up and be the best person you can be, make an impression on the world so your legacy will live on. No matter your flaws, no matter your mistakes you can always stand up again and keep trying because if you just give up you will just fade into black.
    Raised By Wolves by Falling In Reverse, Ronnie is basically telling the people who used him and fucked him over that their time is over and now he will prove that he is on top, that he is better then any of them. He has picked himself up and they will soon see they made a mistake screwing with him.
    All these songs are expressing the artists, telling stories, helping fans see a reason to push on and keep living. They sing about living like to the fullest, never letting haters get you down and reminding you that you are always part of an army, an army of fans, fans who will stick together in music and in life.