1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nickoledeon green slimes

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by neverover, Mar 30, 2008.

1. neverover

am i the only one who dont understand what so funny about it? when i watched it on tv, kids seems to enjoy that. but i dont think its funny at all. even back when i was a kid, i still dont laugh at that jokes. too corny. but their cartoon shows, like spongebob, fairly odd parents, etc, is very funny. i still laugh to it until now.

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was younger and watch Nickelodeon I thought it was a really stupid idea lol and didn't ever want to be covered in the green slime. But I guess it amuses younger kids.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm honestly stunned they're still doing it. It's actually a callback from one of the first shows shown on Nickelodeon called "You Can't Do That on Television" (which originally aired on Canadian TV). Two running bits on the show: every time somebody said "water" (or "wet"), they'd pour water on their head, and anytime someone said "I don't know", they'd pour this green slime down on them.

[youtube]9syQK2qsjuk[/youtube]

But even THAT had history. On the old Groucho Marx radio/TV show "You Bet Your Life", each day, they'd have a "secret word". If somebody happened to say that word, a duck would drop from the ceiling clutching some money, and that money would be handed to the contestant. From time to time, they'd swap out the duck for something else. In this particular case, a suit of armor.

[youtube]-_Y8Mjx8jxw[/youtube]

Grandpa Lex will stop boring you with history, and let you go outside and play now. Stay out of the flowers!

Lex

4. neverover

^yes, grandpa...:lol: j/k.
    btw, do u remember me in the 'other' forum? we once talked bout britneys vma, and i thought u were a hater. dont worry, im banned already:slight_smile:

5. neverover

^yes, grandpa...:lol: j/k.
    btw, do u remember me in the 'other' forum? we once talked bout britneys vma, and i thought u were a hater. dont worry, im banned already:slight_smile:

6. Beebo

Grandpa!

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, don't make me break out the Werther's candies.

Lex

8. Nodnarb

I never really found the whole slime thing entertaining either. I just don't get what is so appealing about being covered in it....

9. GunStarre

GunStarre Guest

I like it when they slime the actors. It's just amusement for me (I'm easily amused, can you tell?) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. RobbIsFlyyy

It looks like Godzilla threw up on them.

11. lostinthought9

yea same here...i never really found it funny that they would slime people...

12. Trumpetplyer23

Its not all that funny when everyone knows they're going to do it. However, if its a surprise on an unsuspecting person then it is kind of funny.