1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling all Contemporary Fantasy fans!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sunshine Cries, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Sunshine Cries

Hello there!

So I'm currently writing my second novel, but since I can't post the link to where I post the story on Fictionpress, I was wondering if anyone would read the novel if I posted a chapter once a week to my blog?

The novel is Death By Dishonor: 16-year-old Nin, who lives in greater Denver and is struggling through junior year of high school with her best friend, until strange events, tied by odder coincidences, leads her to the discovery that her late mother was a Fae, who's death wasn't brought on by the natural causes that her autopsy 'proved'.

If you like faeries, vampires, angels, were-people and basically anything else you can come up with that's supernatural, awkward wallflower-misfit teenagers with no brain-to-mouth filters, artists as main characters, slightly inappropriate shenanigans, and music, I would like you to read this. I think some of you might enjoy my novel. :slight_smile:

So please, read this, and reply if you're interested! If I get between 15 and 20 replies, I will start posting the novel to my blog.

Thank you!

~Sunshine

2. Wolfie Charm

People will DEFINITELY read it. :slight_smile: Power to you! I’m scared to post my stuff publicly lol.

3. Mysz

I sometimes browse Fictionpress :slight_smile: Much more often I browse Fanfiction, but I strive to give the stories I read constructive reviews.
    What kind of vampires? The sparkly kind, the scary kind, or somewhere in between?

4. Sunshine Cries

Varying degrees of both? I dunno. One of the main characters isn't really SPARKLY, per se, he's just very human-acting.
    Well... He physically manifests as the stereotypical makeup-wearing, vegan, straightedge, bisexual emo boy. But he's one of the few anomalies in vampires where he's never fed on blood in his life as a vampire. The vast majority are the scary kind, but not quite Dracula. They're just... Scary-ass people that like blood.
    I don't know if that answered your question or...?